GO!

Indoor games to play with my dog?

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2  
Lilli Rose- Kammer

Loving until you- leave the house

Barked: Mon Feb 21, '11 4:13pm PST 
me and mom (before jack) would chase lilli around the house she'd get so excited she'd run around the table and the wall dividing the kitchen and living room.
she loved it now she chases her brother and wrestles with him its funny
[notify]
Opel- Hefeweissen

woof.

Barked: Fri Feb 25, '11 10:58am PST 
My pups go NUTS for a stuffed cat that says, "I'm over here" every 30 seconds once you press its paw. You press the paw and hide the cat. It didn't take them long to figure out the game and it's hysterical to watch them search for and find the cat. Once they find it and move it, the cat exclaims, "You found me! You found me!" They can play for hours.
[notify]
Lexi Hope

Mamma\'s little- attitude girl

Barked: Sat Feb 26, '11 4:32am PST 
We do most of the same things the rest of the dogsters have said but we are going to buy a tunnel for our girls to run through. I think they'd like that!
[notify]

Inari

Can't touch- this...can't- catch me!

Barked: Wed Mar 9, '11 5:59pm PST 
Opel, that toy sounds hysterical! Where did you find it?

I'm glad I stumbled across this thread. We're just starting out in the training so I've found some great suggestions here. I know she's one smart cookie because she's almost fully litter trained but seriously, that's not fun. *laughs*

We're still working on fetch. She loves chasing anything that moves and will bring a thrown item to me...once. Interestingly enough she knows 'drop it,' but only when she's within a few feet of me otherwise it's fair game.

The 'find it' game (find the squirrel) will be one we'll be working on. Maybe we'll try the suggestion of Keys and Remotes! LOL My son even suggested we teach her to find his bed...it's been lost in preteen land for quite a while now.
[notify]

Barked: Wed Apr 17, '13 4:31pm PST 
i put a treat in my hand and run all around the house with it but u should let your dog smell it first
[notify]

Barked: Thu Apr 18, '13 9:23am PST 
There are lots of games that you can play with your dog even when you're indoors. If you've seen that YouTube video with the cat chasing after a laser pointer, you can also do it. However, just be careful not to point that thing in your dog's eyes. Or, you can create an indoor dog agility course. Just like kids would when playing inside the house, make use of ordinary household items like the broom and two chairs. By placing the broom across both chairs, you can already setup a course for your dog to jump. Let your creative juices flowing and think that you are in a Minute to Win It challenge for dogs!

Another option would be to purchase activity dog toys. You can now buy treat toys on the market that will help preoccupy your dog and stimulate his mind. So if you were to be away from home for a few hours, you can actually leave your dog playing with these toys while you’re gone.
[notify]
Obi

Sassy Britches!

Barked: Thu Apr 18, '13 3:37pm PST 
1. treats in an empty water bottle (crunchy and kicked around)
2. Find it! (find treats tossed around the floor)
3. Chicken ball, bits of cooked chicken in a plastic ball with the holes in it. they roll it around and get the chicken out.
4. Muffin tin with balls in it, underneath the balls are treats.
5. frozen kongs
6. chew toys like a bullystick or ears
7. learning tricks
8. a flirt pole/kitty toy (stick, string and a toy at the end of the string)
9. learn a new sport like treiball.
10. play date with a friend or two.
11. scent work
12. play ball (fetch) on the stairs
13. The shell game (which cup is it under)
14. which hand is it in?
[notify]
Hazel

Spoiled Little- Girl

Barked: Thu Apr 18, '13 10:17pm PST 
I either play fetch with Hazel, teach her a new trick, or throw food/treats across the room so she can sniff them out and find them
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2