GO!

Not interested in toys

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Foxy

ultimate lap dog

Barked: Fri Feb 11, '11 2:02pm PST 
I bought a toy with a rope that squeaks and she barked at it. I got here a rubberized bone, i think she tossed that under the bed. I got her something else(i forget what cos i dont know where it is).
Then I took her to petsmart a few times and tried to see if she would pick her own toys but she just stared at me. I even threw a frisbee and she barely paid it any attention. I had to leave the aisle because people were looking at me all crazy.
I dont want to keep buying her toys she wont play with. How do I find out what she wants? frown
[notify]
Carlee

Barked: Fri Feb 11, '11 3:03pm PST 
Some dogs just don't like toys, maybe yours is one. shrug Three different dogs I had growing up didn't like toys. They'd all look at you like you had two heads whenever you tried to get them to play with a tug toy, ball, frisbee, etc. The closest thing to a toy one of them had was using a stuffed animal as a pillow.
[notify]
Penny Mouse- Fart Ayala

I eat, therefore- I am.....

Barked: Fri Feb 11, '11 5:10pm PST 
Hi!! wave I'd try a bag of practice golf balls. They're the ones that are hollow and have holes all over. They're about a buck a bag of 9 or so and lightweight and bounce like crazy and Penny LOVES to chase them and they're small so she can get them in her mouth. YOu might have to throw them and chase them to show Foxy what to do, but if you act like you're having fun, she'll probably join in! I'd also get her a pigs ear, they're fun to chew and play with and they get tarter off of teeth and are easy to digest. My vet and all pet stores have them and they run about 1.40$ each or so. Sometimes if you don't start playing with toys with them young, they just don't seem to get the hang of it. My last dog, Tascha, after she was 2 would just look at me like she was Way too dignified to play anymore when we tried to get her to play with us. Tascha was a pit bull/basset hound mix and would really rather just nap...LOL! Penny LOVES to play. Does Foxxy like to play? If so, just incorporate some toys into the play?
[notify]

Desi Ray

I hear a- noise...what's- Desi into now?

Barked: Fri Feb 11, '11 6:30pm PST 
I have 4 dogs. Three females and 1 male. Only my male plays with toys! The girls have no interest. Rarely, the 2 Cavaliers will paw at a stuffed toy and try to eat any tags on them and every now and then Lucy will attempt to play with one, but it's almost like she doesn't know what to do lol. The girls will eat bullies..some times. They do love Greenies and chews like that. Desi, on the other hand, has boxes of toys and always has one, or alot, around lol! I don't know if it's related, but he also has the best teeth. He's never had to have a dental and he's going on 8 years old. I used to buy 4 toys at a time, until I wised up hahahaha! You see, the girls would be excited for me to bring a toy home to them, as well as Desi. They would take it just like Desi and seem excited, but after about 30 seconds the toys would be ignored. Desi would end up with 4 toys lol. So now I just buy one toy at a time and "sneak" it in his toy box for him to find it later. It really is kinda strange.
[notify]
Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Fri Feb 11, '11 8:00pm PST 
Nicky's not a big on toys. He'll occasionally squeek on a plush squeeky toy, and he'll only want toys if Paris is playing with them but that's it. If I try to engage him to play with a toy he gives me a funny look. He loves puzzle toys you put food in though.
[notify]
Desi Ray

I hear a- noise...what's- Desi into now?

Barked: Sat Feb 12, '11 6:21am PST 
Yes, this is my next purchase for Desi! My local boutique has a good selection of puzzle toys for a decent price!
[notify]
Foxy

ultimate lap dog

Barked: Thu Feb 17, '11 10:20pm PST 
She doesnt really like to play. She just likes to lick my hand till forever, sleep or go for long walks. Im going to get a puzzle toy with food in it!! I hope she likes it. blue dog
[notify]
Twizzler

~Be Wild & Free~

Barked: Sat Feb 19, '11 2:05pm PST 
I'm not too much into toys either but, really do love my cookies. I really like Greenies just like you! Mom says sometimes I'll get a wild hair and pick up a toy and do the zoomies around the living room but, am not toy obsessive like some of the other dogs we've met at the dog park!
[notify]
Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Sat Feb 19, '11 6:54pm PST 
Nicky loves the Busy Buddy brand puzzle toys. He has the Squirrel Dude and Twist'n'Treat. I had a hard time finding the small size in stores though so I bought them online.
[notify]
Foxy

ultimate lap dog

Barked: Sat Feb 19, '11 7:27pm PST 
Ok I got her a toy and put peanut butter and her treats inside. All she did was lick the peanut butter that was smeared on it and didnt bother with what was inside frown
This is starting to get expensive. I will give the ones Nicky suggested a shot if she doesnt like those, then I give up! BOL!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2