GO!

Purebred Pomeranian and not even spayed?!

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Chloe- ♥

Captain- Chloe-Captain of- the Water Park

Barked: Sun Jan 30, '11 5:28pm PST 
A friend of my sister's has a female purebred pomeranian. The dog is adorable but can be very loud. The dog's name is Gigi and she is five years old. The only problem with the dog is that she barks excessively, and now at the age she is, I understand why she does this: it is because she is not spayed. I just don't understand. I've heard that she also has a problem with men and she is much more likely to be good with a girl stranger than a guy. I just don't get why these people don't do these things because it is pretty important. She is an indoor dog and we're surprised she has not tried to burst out and find a mate or just go completely out of control.
[notify]
Angus

Don't mess with- me!

Barked: Sun Jan 30, '11 5:36pm PST 
I don't know if the barking has anything to do with spaying. Angus is a pretty bad barker and he's fixed.shrug
[notify]
Rico Suave

I IS DA EVIL- LITTLE PILLOW- THIEF!

Barked: Sun Jan 30, '11 5:41pm PST 
Have you wondered that maybe the dog has an allergy to the chemical they use to put the dog under maybe she just does not want to spay her. Rico is 5 years old and is still intact he does not bark more or try to escape because of it. I choose not to put him under because some of his siblings and his father has had an issue comming out of anthestia and I dont want to risk him not comming out.

maybe they have the same concerns maybe siblings or parents of that dog had sensitivity to the chemicals they use to sedate and have had issues or died in surgery and they dont want to risk it have you asked about that?
[notify]

Princesse- Lily CGN

I am RoyalChi!

Barked: Sun Jan 30, '11 5:48pm PST 
I am a little confused as to how barking is related to spayingshrug Princesse was spayed at 6 months and only started barking at 9 months.smile
[notify]
Ouija

its ouija- monster!

Barked: Sun Jan 30, '11 6:09pm PST 
It seems like you just want to complain about this dog. Barking isnt related to being speutered. And so she is an indoor dog, she should be. Most dogs should be indoor dogs.
[notify]
Brittany

Hello. Allow me- to introduce- myself...

Barked: Sun Jan 30, '11 6:43pm PST 
Brittany was spayed at probably about a year and a half (not positive). She barks at anything. Actually she barks at nothing. She'll bark because she thinks it's to quiet. She'll bark because its to loud. She likes to bark. I really doubt your sister's pom's barking is related to its sex organs.
[notify]
Ch. Ali, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!

Barked: Mon Jan 31, '11 4:40am PST 
I have four females who are NOT spayed and there is no excessive barking in my house nor is there any "bursting out the door." And, yes, these girls ALL live inside my house. Not being spayed has NOTHING to do with this dogs issues at all!

Edited by author Mon Jan 31, '11 4:41am PST

[notify]
Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Mon Jan 31, '11 5:35am PST 
Poms can have a tendency to be barky dogs. The yappy small dog label comes from somewhere! It has nothing to do with spaying. It's just how some of them are. Nicky is also quite wary of men and is much more apt to warm up to women and well behaved children before men. I suspect he wasn't properly socialized as a puppy, or has experienced some sort of trauma. We're working through it though, and he's making progress. Paris wasn't spayed for a few months after we got her because she went into heat. She had no desire to bolt out the door.

Edited by author Mon Jan 31, '11 5:37am PST

[notify]
The Hounds- of- Bassetville- +3

Food? Where?!?

Barked: Mon Jan 31, '11 6:56am PST 
lol, like everyone else has said, spaying has absolutely nothing to do with barking. Also, dogs don't typically "burst out to go find a mate". Males sometimes catch the scent of a female in heat and want to get to her, but females don't typically do that. My dogs are all spayed/neutered yet they ALL bark. Certain breeds (Pomeranians for one) have tendencies to bark, training can help, but it's been my experience that if allowed to, a barker will always be a barker. Honestly, it's not your dog so you have no business complaining. thinking
[notify]
Chloe- ♥

Captain- Chloe-Captain of- the Water Park

Barked: Mon Jan 31, '11 4:45pm PST 
Ok well my mom said it did. shrug But nevermind, I think that Pomeranians are supposed to be pretty loud. My sister complains about Gigi every time she comes to her house, but, of course, wouldn't she feel better if she were spayed.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4