GO!

Skin changing color?

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Wed Dec 22, '10 9:09am PST 
Treader lost the fur on his neck when he got a yeast infection a couple of months back and I've noticed some odd changes in the color of his skin.
First off, this pic from when it started healing
(Haha, funny face)

Then he had spots on his neck. At first, looking at this pic from sometime in November, the spots were rather dark-colored
(Above is a hyperlink rather than a rolloverlink, becauce I forgot to resize to photo so that it won't stretch the page)

Another pic of it from early December

And a pic from less than an hour ago
(Another hyperlink, I wanted this pic to be bigger)
As you can see, his fur is growing back now. smile

Edited by author Wed Dec 22, '10 9:11am PST

[notify]
Addy, CGC

Let's go for a- walk!

Barked: Wed Dec 22, '10 9:24am PST 
His bare skin is more exposed to the light, and so it's responding to greater or less sunlight. It happens to hairless or thin-coated dogs all the time, and it looks completely normal to me.
[notify]
Kitsune

Divide and- cuddle!!

Barked: Wed Dec 22, '10 11:52am PST 
It looks normal to me too. When we got Kit as a puppy his skin was all pink. We kept his fur clipped shorter in the summer and now he has spots where his skin is a different color just like your pictures. He especially has them on his belly where his fur doesn't grow as thickly as everywhere else. The different colored skin probably won't be noticeable anymore once the fur grows back out.
[notify]

Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Wed Dec 22, '10 6:08pm PST 
Makes sense. I think the spots look kinda cute. laugh out loud Like freckles, almost. And come to think of it I have seen the same thing on short-haired dogs, like my uncle's JRT Snoopy.

Edited by author Wed Dec 22, '10 6:09pm PST

[notify]
Chi Chi

Spoiled?- Pampered?- Totally and love- it!

Barked: Mon Dec 27, '10 1:58pm PST 
Sakura gets it on her stomach and only in the Summer, so the light thing makes a lot of sense. I've always thought they looked like freckles, too.
[notify]