GO!

Trick Ideas?

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
❤ Sadie- ❤

Miss Sadie the- Trouble Maker

Barked: Tue Dec 21, '10 3:38pm PST 
So with all this rainy weather, we have been pent up in the house for three days straight while it pours down outside 24/7. I need some more trick ideas to teach Sadie and Oakley:

Sadie knows:
-Sit, Lay, Wait, you know basic commands
-Shake
-Wave
-High Five
-Roll Over (in progress)

Oakley Knows:
-Basic commands
-Roll over
-Shake (in progress)
[notify]
The Boys

The Three- Stooges.

Barked: Tue Dec 21, '10 3:56pm PST 
Have you tried putting a biscuit on their nose make them wait till you give the go ahead and have them flip it into their mouth. The cocker we used to have was great at this trick.
[notify]
MACH, C-ATCH- Bailey RN,- CGCA

Is today agility- day??

Barked: Tue Dec 21, '10 4:05pm PST 
spin, back up, sit pretty, bow, crawl are coming to mind right now...
[notify]

Penny Mouse- Fart Ayala

I eat, therefore- I am.....

Barked: Tue Dec 21, '10 6:22pm PST 
I trained Penny for "Lets Go". First, I pick up my purse, then take out my keys (by this time she's dancing in excitement) and then sit on the couch and pat my shoulder and she runs up the stairs, jumps on my lap, then leaps up onto my shoulder and I don't have to chase her down or catch her or anything. I have problems bending over.
It looks pretty cool to visitors. I just grab my purse and keys, sit down, give the command and up she leaps!! Her reward is she gets to go with me!dancing
[notify]
Clark

CGC, OA, AXJ, OF

Barked: Wed Dec 22, '10 5:27pm PST 
I've been working on teaching Clark how to turn (or spin) right and left. It's kind of a neat party trick, but ultimately I'm trying to get it so he can veer right or left when I send him towards an obstacle in agility.
[notify]
Milton

Im just a little- guy

Barked: Wed Dec 22, '10 7:36pm PST 
Sadies list of tricks is similar as Miltons, except Milton compleatly understands roll over. Milton does not wave either.

Milton is difficult to train. This list of tricks took a lot of patience. The next trick I want to try is crawl. I would have him lay down and have the treat in front of him in my closed palm low on the ground and see if I can get him to inch towards my hand in down while I say crawl. My dog recently got his high five right, so it's time for my dog to learn something new too.
[notify]
❤ Sadie- ❤

Miss Sadie the- Trouble Maker

Barked: Wed Dec 22, '10 10:57pm PST 
Milton, Sadie is hard to train too but yet she knows more than Oakleylaugh out loud First she learned shake and then when i brought out treats she automatically put her paw out waiting for my hand. Since i clicker train i caught that action and it became wave and then form wave and shake it was really easy to teach high five because its basically shake with my hand up instead of flat. She caught on really quick with those three commands

Oakley has more impulse control so when I bring out the clicker and treats she waits for me to ask her what to do as for Sadie she automatically sticks out her paw and stands on her hind legs demanding a treatlaugh out loud
[notify]
Holly Belle

I dream of- Doolin Kingsley

Barked: Thu Dec 23, '10 12:40am PST 
I picked up a small hoola-hoop at a dollar store so I could teach Holly Belle to jump through it. Also new, my boyfriend balances one of Holly's toys on the top of his head, and when he says OK, she jumps on his lap, stands tall and picks the toy off his head. Along with the normal tricks she knows "go get it" "find it" "bring it" "leave it" and "drop it." If she brings me a toy and I don't feel like bending down to pick it up, I will keep telling her "Bring it!" and put my hand out - she will pick up the toy and place it into my hand. BF hides her toys under his arm, in a pocket, between his knees, behind him on the sofa, etc. etc. and we say "find it" which she loves. We like to play hide and seek with her, on our knees in the living room and hallway. We use "jump up" and "jump down" while out on walks to get her to jump up on flower beds, rocks, benches, etc. for more exercise, since she has non-stop energy. AND, she can do most of these things in English and Spanish. She LOVES to hear "Mira! Ardilla!" instead of plain old "Look! Squirrel!" Have fun! wave
[notify]
Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Thu Dec 23, '10 5:31am PST 
Nicky's new ones are-
"Where's your tail?" (turn around in a circle)
"Do a little dance" (up on hind legs, pawing at the air)

I think I might try the 'Are you shy?' trick next. Part of it is for mental stimulation for him, but mostly I just want an excuse to stick a piece of tape on his face laugh out loud
[notify]
Mina

I love YOU!

Barked: Thu Dec 23, '10 7:52am PST 
Mina isn't a small dog, but we've taught her to 'take a time out'. It's really quite hilarious and guests love it.

If we say 'take a time out' she trots over to the corner between the couch and the chair, throws herself into an awkward and lazy sit and makes a big overly dramatic deal out of it.

Works well for her because she's got a mega attitude and makes a dramatic production out of everything she does, so it's a quite animated trick.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2