GO!

Hair Loss

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

Leto

En uniĆ³n y- libertad

Barked: Sun Dec 5, '10 10:19pm PST 
Okay, I didn't know where to put this, but three of my dogs have been loosing hair. They do not have any bald patches, but their hair is really thing in some places. What could be causing this? They eat only Addiction canned food, which is really healthy, so I don't think it could be a nutritional problem. Could it be some sort of parasite? I know it is shedding season, but this is definately abnormal. My other dogs are fine, it is just Leto, Selesio, and Herodes that are having the problem.
[notify]
Pookie

plush destroyer

Barked: Sun Dec 5, '10 11:50pm PST 
It could possibly be a problem in the diet. Even if the food is great quality something just may not be working out for your dogs. Not sure if allergies would cause overall thinning. thinking Maybe if there was itching involved? I would probably try a new protein/food first.
[notify]
Snickers

Momma is the- center of the- universe...

Barked: Mon Dec 6, '10 8:14pm PST 
Take some really good pictures and post on their profile page so we can see the hair loss. Look up close for redness, rash, scratching or 'bug bites'.

Several reasons for a dog to have thinning fur, but without more information, it's hard to say which...

In any case a Vet may need to see them for treatment.
[notify]