GO!

Teacup Yorkie

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2  
Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Wed Dec 8, '10 7:55pm PST 
Yup, teacup = marketing term. Nothing more, nothing less. Basically it's a ripoff.
But you know what? So many people think it's actual breed or an official size that I'll bet many BYBs advertising "teacup" dogs are doing so out of ignorance.
Doesn't make it right, of course, but it is understandable in many cases. Just like being a BYB can be understandable, but not really a good thing. (Although I can't judge people for it, either.=/ One of my relatives is a BYB and they've chosen not to agree with me on my views on responsible breeding. Honestly, they have so many other good qualities, I'm not going to fault them for one I think is bad.)

Edited by author Wed Dec 8, '10 8:09pm PST

[notify]
Pebbles

Pebbles \'\'The- Expressive- Dog\'\'

Barked: Tue Dec 14, '10 2:41pm PST 
A Teacup yorkie is a very small yorkie. The size of a teacup.
[notify]
Chloe,- KPA-CTP

Clearance Puppy - The best of them- all.

Barked: Tue Dec 14, '10 3:06pm PST 
Pebbles, no dog should ever be the size of teacup, unless just born.

To even consider breeding a dog they must be at least 6lb or there is a very high risk of complications.

Also, I know MANY 'teacups' that when they grew up, they were not very 'teacuped' anymore.
[notify]

Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Tue Dec 14, '10 3:08pm PST 
I am a teacup Labrador. I can get each of my feet in a teacup. Well, almost.
[notify]
O'Tanner

We don't- doodle...

Barked: Tue Dec 14, '10 4:37pm PST 
I have a tea cup (from Big Dog, I think) and even oversized Tanner can fit in it!! Guess I better market him as a teacup poodle????
[notify]
Mississippi

throw me a- frickin' bone- here

Barked: Tue Dec 14, '10 4:38pm PST 
Miss is marked much like a Leonberger - she is a Teacup (relatively speaking) Leonberger. big grin
Farley

Farlekiin the- Dragonborn

Barked: Wed Dec 15, '10 12:10am PST 
Hey Miss, make that two Teacup Leonbergers here! big laugh
[notify]
Bella

Barked: Wed Dec 15, '10 8:23pm PST 
Back in the 70's we had a Tea-Cup Yorkie...great little girl >very tiny.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2