GO!

Give it your best guess...

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  
Lizzie, CGC

Fence Jumper

Barked: Tue Nov 30, '10 6:31pm PST 
Could she have some Aussie in her? Her face looks like my Aussie.
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Tue Nov 30, '10 6:32pm PST 
Some Corgi lines have longer coat... I have one pal here on Dogster who is from working line.. and has a longer thick coat.

This is my dear Pal Darby

As to the DNA.. save your money......have not yet seen one that didnt make me.. or others laugh. Have also had KNOWN 5 generation purebreds submitted as 'blinds" and the feed back on them has been laughable.

Mostly.. the data base is too small..( standard is around 139 breeds) and the samples are often contaminated.

Think about this.. would YOU trust a human sample.. taken by an amateur.. in non sterile conditions... and then posted.. in an erratic postal system.. and delivered to a testing place yopu cannot vouch for ?

Dubs is a sweetheart.... we love her and so do you !
[notify]
Dublin Rose- O'Belle

Sugar Baby!

Barked: Wed Dec 1, '10 6:29am PST 
I do love her...she is my little darling! I do think the Pap is in there, and she certainly does resemble Darby who is adorable!

Just recently I began to wonder about the Northern Breeds - one of those smallish kind (you will have to prompt me with the breed names.)

And Chloe, the vet says she is a Sheltie. And the Humane Society said she was a Lab X. So. And (of course) there are no papers as she is a shelter adoptee.
[notify]

Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Wed Dec 1, '10 2:25pm PST 
Lab X is an interesting Shelter term.

Flicka was called a Lab X.. he's a pure bred Blue Heeler... and I have seen "Lab X" used alot in Shelter write ups.

I think its because in most peoples minds "Labrador" equates to "happy friendly loving"

I have no objection to the phrase if it gives a dog a chance at a decent loving home .... as long as they DO know what they MAY actually be taking on.
[notify]
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Wed Dec 1, '10 4:08pm PST 
Some shelters call any dog that looks remotely like a lab a lab-mix because they're more likely to get adopted. I know the rescue I foster with will do it sometimes. How your two dogs were labeled a lab mix is beyond me though...
[notify]
Pepper

Got food? I- can be bought ya- know....

Barked: Wed Dec 1, '10 5:57pm PST 
Sometimes the answer is not just in the dogs appearance, but behavior as well.
Dubs is a natural herder, active, both are Corgi traits.
Corgi are also devoted and protective of family, funny, playful and sometimes noisy.
She looks like a Pembroke Welsh Corgi/Papillion mix. She really has nothing that makes me think of Sheltie.

As far as DNA testing. I had Snickers and Pepper tested. The Vet drew blood for a Wisdom panel so the sample was clean.
The down side is Snickers has so much mixed in they could only detect 2 breeds or 1/2 his DNA. The other half ??shrug

Pepper had better results. We figured she was part GSD, and she is 1/4. But the other 1/4's are Chow, Golden Retriever, and mutt. I believe the results are accurate.

I didn't test Sonny. He may look like a Lab or Golden puppy, but he is all Beagle! From his bicyle flag tail, to his BAAROOROOROO bark, he is a Beagle at heart. We don't need DNA to tell us he's a Beagle, golden ret. mix
[notify]
Dublin Rose- O'Belle

Sugar Baby!

Barked: Thu Dec 2, '10 6:30am PST 
Sounds good Pepper! And I was wondering - if Corgi, which Corgi? so thanks for that!
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Thu Dec 2, '10 11:27am PST 
Definately PEMBROKE ! not Cardigan
[notify]
Dublin Rose- O'Belle

Sugar Baby!

Barked: Thu Dec 2, '10 12:55pm PST 
She DOES look a lot like one of them!

So I am going to take JRT off her profile and replace it with Corgi...
[notify]
Pepper

Got food? I- can be bought ya- know....

Barked: Thu Dec 2, '10 1:31pm PST 
way to go
Yep.
Pembroke
Corgi's are great dogs. I would love to have one someday. But only if I can get a rescue.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3