GO!

Best winter jacket?

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  
Dobby &- Baxter

Mighty- Weiners!!!

Barked: Wed Nov 3, '10 12:57pm PST 
Baxter and Dobby have Teckelklub Jackets. They both have a fuzzy and a trench. Teckelklub was made for Dachshunds... but they have bigger sizes 2. I like it because they are long and cover to their tail!
[notify]
Bianca CGC- TT HIC Thd- ♥

What big ears- you have...

Barked: Wed Nov 3, '10 1:58pm PST 
My favorite brands are Ruffwear, Scooter's Friends and Teckelclub.

If you want more coverage, Ruffwear's Cloud Chaser has sleeves in front and covers a lot of the stomach but I am not sure how small the sizes go down to?
I have a "Puffy coat" made by Scooter's Friends which is very warm, waterproof and covers a lot of the dog too. They make coats from tiny to giant sizes.

Edited by author Wed Nov 3, '10 1:59pm PST

[notify]
Lilly (RIP)

Just let me- sleep.....

Barked: Wed Nov 3, '10 4:42pm PST 
I looked up all the brand you guys recommended and saw that a lot were over 40 dollars which, to me, is a lot of a dog coat laugh out loud Are there any under 30 preferably 20 dollars that are just as good?
[notify]

Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Thu Nov 4, '10 8:55am PST 
The one that I bought is in your price range! laugh out loud Darn them for being sick! And yes it's the pink one, it has a sherpa linning so it's cozy warm.
[notify]
♥Buddy♥

I <3 MEAT!

Barked: Thu Nov 4, '10 1:00pm PST 
With temps reaching -65 here a jacket was a must for Me. At the feed store they have handmade jackets there. They are nice! They have a nice fleece lining and a windproof, waterproof outershell. Mine is red with a red baseball fleece lining! LOVE IT!!
[notify]
Milton

Im just a little- guy

Barked: Thu Nov 4, '10 3:18pm PST 
I did not pay much for mine. I got it on sale. There is a pet store near my house that discounts dog coats and jackets in the fall. Mine was 15 dollars. Milton's sweater was real cheap at wallmart. It's made from acrylic fibers. More water proof than cotton.

When I go snowboarding I avoid wearing wearing cotton cause it asorbs moisture and can make me cold. I think a good jacket should be made with a wind resistant material like nylon, polyester, and gore tex. The interior should be something like acrylic fibers or wool. The only problem with wool is it's a lot harder to clean.

The jacket should also fit and be appropriate for the climate. The best winter jacket is one that is best suited for your dog.
[notify]
Mini

A Heartbeat at- Your Feet ♥

Barked: Thu Nov 4, '10 3:22pm PST 
I say any jacket that's washable is a good jacket! laugh out loud
[notify]
Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Thu Nov 4, '10 6:48pm PST 
The one I got Nicky is the Zack & Zoey Camo Companion All Weather Coat and I paid around $15 for it.
[notify]
Katana - (fallen not- forgotten)

Katana's the- name and- pleasin's the- game

Barked: Thu Nov 4, '10 10:15pm PST 
Katana got an xl fido fleece jacket yesterday because it is getting cooler here too and he loves it. Kinda hard at first to get it on him but once you do then its even harder to take off. it has velcro all the way from collar to tail down the back and the dark navy blue looks good against his black fur
[notify]
Bianca CGC- TT HIC Thd- ♥

What big ears- you have...

Barked: Fri Nov 5, '10 10:53am PST 
Fido Fleece is good too! Also less expensive.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2