GO!

Is Teddy a purebred Pomeranian or is he a mix??

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Teddy ADOPTION PENDING

I am a fluffy- sweet good boy!- ADOPT ME!!

Barked: Wed Aug 11, '10 9:59am PST 
Teddy is from the dog rescue I volunteer with. Ogden City Animal Control picked him up as a stray and 4 Paws took him in from there right before he was going to be put down. So, we have no idea of his lineage.

I'm really curious if he is a Pomeranian mix or purebred? If he is a mix what do you think he is mixed with?

Teddy is very sweet, total Lap dog. Doesn't like kids... AT ALL. He is okay with cats and other dogs, But likes to be bossy, Loves cuddle and snuggle time, Pretty calm, can be yappy and loud, he has long hair (he recently got it shaved as he was so matted) VERY smart and willing to learn and please, He weighs between 10 and 13 pounds.

Thank you! big grin
[notify]
Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Wed Aug 11, '10 10:07am PST 
The only thing that throws me off is the ears. Everything else looks pretty Pommy to me.
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Wed Aug 11, '10 11:44am PST 
Could he maybe have a bit of Phalene papillon in him to explain the ears?
[notify]

Roscoe

Wigglebutt

Barked: Wed Aug 11, '10 1:27pm PST 
Hes definitely a mix, for sure-- possibly with more than just two breeds.
One of the most noticeable aspects that proves him a mix is that purebred pomeranian's foreheads are supposed to protrude outward~ you can see it clearly here:
http://www.dogsindepth.com/toy_dog_breeds/images/pomeranian_h 03.jpg

Also usually their muzzles are pointier- like a spitz.

(And their weight is 3 to 7 pounds) :O

But Teddy is very precious! I have a pekingese named Teddy. smile
[notify]
Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Wed Aug 11, '10 1:36pm PST 
I was thinking maybe Pap too, Jewel. Possibly Sheltie as well.
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Wed Aug 11, '10 1:58pm PST 
These "guess the breeds" are fun. But I'm always looking at the pictures going...what does the fur feel like? Is it a double coat? Is it silky? Rough? I just always want to touch the dog...
[notify]
Bear, CGC

Yes, I really am- this cute.

Barked: Wed Aug 11, '10 3:33pm PST 
I think Nicky's Sheltie guess is a really good one, the ears and expresson definitely remind me of some Shelties I have known! Whatever he is, he is very cute and I hope he gets a forever home soon big grin

To be honest though, I have seen many, many more Poms that are not even close to what the standard calls correct and they are still purebred Poms... so size, head type, coat type etc. could all be "wrong" and he could still be a purebred Pom. wink
[notify]
Bodhi

Bodhi Wodhi

Barked: Wed Aug 11, '10 4:52pm PST 
Definitely a mix, maybe even a black and tan Pom! The ears are definitely not Pom ears, but who knows?! So many things could have happened there. The coloring is a bit different, too. Tail is all Pom. Love it! Teddy sure is cute, and it sounds like like he has a Pom personalitywink
[notify]
Scruffy

poopy butt

Barked: Wed Aug 11, '10 6:19pm PST 
He definately looks tibetan spaniel/pom mix
[notify]
Wittle Girl

I am the cutiest- girl

Barked: Fri Aug 13, '10 7:09pm PST 
Yes definitely a mix. The Sheltie/pom mix seems like it could be the most accurate.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2