GO!

Christmas presents?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Thu Nov 29, '12 8:19pm PST 
Ok so i know the typical dog presents people usually get for their pups are those plastic stockings full of goodies and treats and what not but does anybody have any different idea's of what to get them? I'm having trouble finding something and this is her first christmas here with us so i want to find her something she will just love.
Thanks
smile
[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Sat Dec 1, '12 7:26am PST 
Don't tell Fritz, but I'm getting the pack a dog treat maker from PetsMart. They will also get a BIG bag of raw chicken quarters and individual toys.
[notify]
Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Sat Dec 1, '12 10:26am PST 
Ok i wont tell !!!!! Very good idea's thank you so much!
Fritz you pretty puppy, i love that picture smile
[notify]

Jubilee

Littlest Lee- Lee

Barked: Thu Dec 13, '12 10:12am PST 
Jubee's been with me for a long time, so it's pretty easy to know what she likes.

Paper towel rolls, always a favorite, especially if they are those hard cardboard ones that come in the tin foil and saran wrap.
She loves to tear stuff up into little pieces and toss them over the back of her head. Those little Nerf balls are great for this. She goes through them pretty fast.
A good ol' tennis ball is always fun. We play keep away.
She's quite the soccer player, so a new ball is fun, until her teeth go into it and then it's still fun, but not as bouncy.
Stuffed toys are great to destroy.
Come to think of it, she pretty much destroys everything sooner or later!
I did her a new brush and comb, but I think for her, that's like kids getting clothes.
[notify]
Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Thu Dec 13, '12 12:10pm PST 
LOL kk thank you for the idea's....Mika loves tearing apart her stuffies that for sure smile
[notify]
Ember FDX

Go Go Devil- Bunnies!

Barked: Thu Dec 13, '12 2:04pm PST 
Ember's favorite toy is the Premier Football, so I got her a Kong Stuff-a-ball. Something similar but different, since she seems to really like that shape of treat toy, but the same thing every day does get old after a while.

Fox is getting the HuggleHounds knotty bunny because she loves her stuffed toys, and her bear is getting... Quite frankly, he's disgusting.

Then probably each a large Bravo pizzle, since they're expensive and I don't usually buy the big ones. I might get them a Zoom Groom too, while I'm at it... Gotta see about availability. I know my SO is getting them each something too, but I'm not sure what. It's a surprise shh

ETA: I don't like the premade stockings at all... They're generally full of cheap crap - toys that break quickly or are not that interesting, and treats with poor ingredients. Some independent retailers will put together their own gift baskets, though, that are quite nice!

Edited by author Thu Dec 13, '12 2:06pm PST

[notify]
Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Thu Dec 13, '12 2:53pm PST 
I know thats why I didn't want to get those cheap old stockings.....nothing good or that Mika will play with at all!! She is already very picky! But I have got some idea's now, thank you Ember for yours as well. BTW what is a zoom groom? Dont believe I have ever seen it?
[notify]
Ember FDX

Go Go Devil- Bunnies!

Barked: Thu Dec 13, '12 4:07pm PST 
Zoom Groom. Sorry I skipped that link. It's so popular around here, everyone already knows what it is. Basically it's just a curry comb, and there are other brands but Kong made the first one for dogs, and of the curry combs I've seen theirs is the best made & easiest to use - and it's under $10.

Honestly it's not the best tool for grooming a Husky (it's best for Lab-like coats), but it does work and most dogs love it so much that it's easier to do a nightly massage with a Zoom Groom and get a little fur, than do a major brushing with a more appropriate tool once a week.
[notify]
Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Thu Dec 13, '12 4:11pm PST 
oh ok thanks Ember
[notify]
Dreamy

Queen of my- castle.

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '12 5:47am PST 
Everyone here is getting a candy cane shaped rawhide in their stockings and probably a wrapped bag of treats to open lol. Always fun between the kids and the fur kids opening stuff lol
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2