GO!

Help! I'm fat!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 4 of 5: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  5  
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Fri Jan 11, '13 4:01am PST 
Hey Dreamy,
How is your diet going? My person needs to diet and hates it. Just wanted to mention that you may need to cut your food back as you lose weight. Maybe try 3/4 cup am and pm or cut dinner back to 1/2 and give 1 cup for Breakfast (or at which ever meal you are hungriest).

I would agree that a corn free food might help. You will feel less hungry and have less poop on a grain free diet. If you don't want to go grain free, try a food with no corn, by products, soy or unnamed meats. Be careful though, high quality foods usually have more calories per cup and you will have to eat a little less. Odd by many dogs don't feel as hungry, even though they eat less of the better dog foods.

Have a nice day.dog walk
[notify]
Dreamy

Queen of my- castle.

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 7:20am PST 
The diet is still going though it looks like things have come to a halt for a while. I actually have cut her back to roughly 1/2-3/4 cup twice a day and she's on TOTWso she's already grain free. I'm thinking about switching to nature's veriety instinct though. Our walks have come to a halt too. First we had a big snow storm and though I need to lose weight too, I couldn't bring myself to trudge through the snow (I don't handle the cold well lol). But then, we were getting ready to start back up again and rocky got attacked by two pitbulls so we haven't been going. I can't take Rocky along because his stitches are all around his neck and chest and I don't want him upset and carrying on because everybody else gets to go and he doesn't. Hopefully he'll be healed enough to start going again in another week and a half. Then maybe we can all attempt to get into shape again lol.
[notify]
Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 7:31pm PST 
Is Rocky alright? I hope so, how awful! And keep us posted on your diet!
[notify]

Dreamy

Queen of my- castle.

Barked: Fri Jan 18, '13 3:43am PST 
Rocky is healing well and his bruising is fading out. He's still a little jumpy though. I have a thread in dog health about the attack. It was definately scary.
[notify]
Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Fri Jan 18, '13 5:03am PST 
Oh yes I did see that post. Glad he is doing better
[notify]
Dreamy

Queen of my- castle.

Barked: Fri Jan 25, '13 3:57am PST 
The diet is working! I weighed Dreamy yesterday and it looks like she's dropped 5lbs! She's now downto 57lbs and her energy is increasing each day smile Though she does ask for a lot of treats, she only gets 1 or 2 a day. I'm just so excited that it's actually working. On to of that, I managed to lose almost 5lbs this week too smile I hope this is a continuing trend.
[notify]
Dreamy

Queen of my- castle.

Barked: Fri Jan 25, '13 5:53am PST 
The diet is working! I weighed Dreamy yesterday and it looks like she's dropped 5lbs! She's now downto 57lbs and her energy is increasing each day smile Though she does ask for a lot of treats, she only gets 1 or 2 a day. I'm just so excited that it's actually working. On to of that, I managed to lose almost 5lbs this week too smile I hope this is a continuing trend.
[notify]
Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Fri Jan 25, '13 1:32pm PST 
Good for you both! That is great to hear, keep up the good work! cheer
[notify]
Dreamy

Queen of my- castle.

Barked: Sat Jan 26, '13 3:51am PST 
[notify]
Dreamy

Queen of my- castle.

Barked: Sat Jan 26, '13 7:14am PST 
I'm starting to hate my phone. Every time I post, I either post 2 or 3 times so I apologize for everyone I do.
[notify]
  (Page 4 of 5: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  5