GO!

Help! I'm fat!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 5: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  4  5  
Jubilee

Littlest Lee- Lee

Barked: Thu Nov 29, '12 3:24pm PST 
My Jubee is 10 years old and at last weigh-in she was about 70 lbs. So she's a chunky monkey, too! I walk her twice a day, everyday.
She was on prednisone and antibiotics a month ago, so I was giving her an extra cup of dog food in the morning so she wouldn't take the meds on an empty stomach.
She's off the meds now, so I went back to her regular two cups at night. Plus I usually throw in some kind of fish or chicken.
Just this week I cut her back to one cup of dry with the fish or chicken and she seems to be fine with it.
I hope to get her back to where I can see a dent in her waistline.
[notify]
Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Thu Nov 29, '12 7:08pm PST 
10 years, good for you Jubilee!! You a gorgeous pup smile
[notify]
Dreamy

Queen of my- castle.

Barked: Fri Nov 30, '12 4:59am PST 
Dreamy has been loving her walks eveeyday and I think pushing herself maybe a little too hard. We had to skip the walk yesterday to give her hips a little break. She looked really rather sore. We're heading back out today though. I cut her food back to a little less than a cup in the morning and the same in the evening. She gets her glucosamine pill dipped in peanut butter and tossed in with her breakfast in the morning. She's really loving that. I think im going to weigh her weekly and see how it goes.
[notify]

Dreamy

Queen of my- castle.

Barked: Fri Nov 30, '12 5:07am PST 
Ange- the only suggestion I have would be maybe try a different food. I looked up the ingredients to purina pro plan and even though it has some good meats in it, it has a LOT of grains and fillers. Something with a lot less (none is even better) grains. Good luck!
[notify]
Jubilee

Littlest Lee- Lee

Barked: Fri Nov 30, '12 7:18am PST 
Jubee has a little lameness too. It's always there, but sometimes flares up. One time she could hardly walk. That's when she went on the prednisone. I try to keep her off the meds and just keep her healthy.

She use to run free when she lived in the mountains. Now she walks on a leash. Not sure if that interferes at all with her walking. I use a halter leash.

She gets glucosamine everyday wrapped in a bit of butter. She loves butter! I tried the doggie vitamins but the pills were huge and she hated the liquid. So now I give her the human kind. Do human vitamins work OK for dogs? She gets 400 mg glucosamine and 300 mg chondroitin. Should I up that dosage?
I feed her Natural Balance and sometimes Taste of the Wild.

So fun to find other Husky Lovers!!! Once you've had a Husky, there's no going back. lol
[notify]
Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Fri Nov 30, '12 7:30am PST 
thats great advice Dreamy, a grain free food is much better for your pup!
It is fun to find Husky lovers, i agree! I fell right in love with the breed when i got Mika.
I'm not sure about the human vitamins Jubilee, maybe ask a vet if it's ok?
smile
[notify]
Jubilee

Littlest Lee- Lee

Barked: Fri Nov 30, '12 7:37am PST 
My mom is typing above my head as I lay at her feet. She does this a lot. I haven't a clue what she is doing, but she kind of goes into a trance and sits straight up and stares into this box and makes clicking sounds. I don't get it, but she seems to enjoy it. I just wait for the words..."go for a walk?!"
Anyway, I digress...she just yelled OMG with a big smile on her face and told me that all the dogs have their stories and journals and photos and friends posted on this website. Some of those words I don't understand. But she's all excited. She said she has to get busy and post my stuff, too. Hope it's not too personal. She's not too tech-savvy, so God knows what she is going to do with this new idea. She's crazy about me, though, so I always trust her.
[notify]
Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Fri Nov 30, '12 8:51am PST 
awww that is so sweet!!! If you need help with anything let me know and I can try to help smile
[notify]
Dreamy

Queen of my- castle.

Barked: Fri Nov 30, '12 9:01am PST 
Lol! Thats funny Jubilee smile I dont know about human vitamines either. My pups dont take them though they probqbly should. Dreamy is getting 2000mg of glucosamine daily. I hope thats not too much. They're from GNC and its what my husband and I used to take. We also feed taste of the wild but we've only been using it a couple months now. We love it and the change in their health and coats has been incredible. Dreamy is the only one still holding on the extra baggage. We used to feed either natural balance or solid gold but gave up on them in favor of the grain free and 5 star rating on dogfoodadvisor.com lol. As for me, I fell in love with Siberians when I was little and watched movies like white fang and iron will lol. They are my wild guilty pleasure lol. My well behaved pleasure has unexpectedly become bulldogs thanks to our little Sparkles lol. Such a big difference in breeds but still the same love lol.
[notify]
Dreamy

Queen of my- castle.

Barked: Fri Nov 30, '12 9:03am PST 
Now that mommys done typing, I stole her phone and told her to go get Dressed. It's noon and shes still in pajamas!! And I need my walk! Lol dog walk
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 5: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  4  5