GO!

What food and extra vitamins/supplements do you give your husky'?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Roxy

Reaaadddyy..seee- ttt.. G---OH A- BIRD!!!

Barked: Fri Aug 10, '12 9:20pm PST 
Roxy is currently on Blue Buffalo puppy food and i was thinking/researching on what vitamins or supplements I should or could be giving her that will be really beneficial to her.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated =)
[notify]
Ember FDX

Go Go Devil- Bunnies!

Barked: Tue Aug 14, '12 11:12am PST 
I always add fish oil. Our food sources are deficient in omega 3s to start, then cooking further destroys them. There are other sources (like flax seed) but since dogs are created to digest meat, not grains, fish oil is the most utilizable source for them.

Other than that, it kinda depends on your food and your dog's needs. I feed raw, so it's all DIY for us... In addition to the fish oil, I add probiotics (many if not most kibbles have them already) and apple cider vinegar since it seems to help Fox's tear staining and they just like it. Especially on ground pork and kale. Which honestly, I make for myself sometimes too.

Since Ember has been battling chronic Lyme since she's been with me, she also gets immune boosters and a Chinese herbal remedy geared toward suppressing Lyme.
[notify]
Kale

Its A Husky- Thing,You- Wouldnt- Understand

Barked: Thu Aug 30, '12 11:16pm PST 
I feed either Grandma Lucys freeze-dried raw or The Honest Kitchen dehydrated raw (feeding completely raw grosses me out, even though they can tolerate it lol) and Ziwipeak when I can afford it. As for supplements, I feed fish oil, Glucosamine (Kale has skeletal problems with his shoulder) and depending on if he's blowing his coat or not, an herbal skin and coat supplement from The Honest Kitchen called Sparkle. When I transition foods, I add pumpkin to his dinner.
[notify]