GO!

How big is your Husky ?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Sakari

Divas can get- dirty too !

Barked: Fri Feb 25, '11 2:44pm PST 
I was reading the Husky standard and for weight it says 30-60 pounds.
Sakari is 4 months old and weighs 32.4lbs.
How much does your Husky weigh ?
[notify]
Zoey and- Embry

Can I lick you,- pleeeease!?

Barked: Fri Feb 25, '11 3:55pm PST 
that's how much Zoey weighted at her age as well.

She's 7 months now and weighs 45lbs

Embry is 16 months and weighs 53lbs
[notify]
Aspen, CGC

Little Miss- Popular

Barked: Sat Feb 26, '11 8:32am PST 
Aspen's just about 3.5 months now and approx. 18lbs. She's a tad thin, but she gobbles down EVERYTHING in sight so I'm not worried at all big laugh

Sakari, you're so much bigger than her! I guess Aspen might just be on the small side of the standard -- fine by me.
[notify]

Sable Marie

-insert witty- phrase here-

Barked: Sun Feb 27, '11 7:18am PST 
Sable is one year old, she fluctuates between 39-41 pounds and she stands 19 inches at the withers. My dog is under the AKC standards, height wise. She's quite tiny although I'm sure the one inch wouldn't make much of a visual difference. She's done growing, though, she's been that height since she was like 6 or 7 months old.

Females should not top out at anything higher than 50 lbs. 60 for males.

Sable was a petite puppy too. At a little over 3 months she weighed in at 15 pounds. She didn't hit thirty until closer to 7 months.

Does your puppy feel over weight? Can you feel her ribs and spine and hips when they stand? How much are you feeding?
[notify]
Sakari

Barked: Sun Feb 27, '11 8:26am PST 
She's not overweight at all, she is very tall and lean. She is 16" at the shoulder.
Everytime my step dad sees her he says she's "too skinny".
Vet says she's in perfect shape, I've just never seen a Husky pup her size. My brothers Husky is a 3 year old male and weighs 51 lbs.
[notify]
Aspen, CGC

Little Miss- Popular

Barked: Sun Feb 27, '11 8:40am PST 
Wow, Sakari! Aspen is about 16" at the shoulder as well. Maybe Sakari just has big bones? thinking
[notify]
Kaya

Just call me- Hurricane Kaya!

Barked: Mon Feb 28, '11 9:51am PST 
Sakari is beautiful and looks very healthy and sturdy!

Kaya weighed 19 lbs at 4 months, is now 10 months old and weighs 38 lbs. She slowed down a lot when she hit 7 months and has only gained 2 lbs in the last 3 months.
[notify]
Sakari

Barked: Mon Feb 28, '11 2:43pm PST 
So, I had my sister measure her the other day, and after seeing her measure her own dog, I decided to do it myself (sounded off but I just went with it). She is 19" at the shoulder, same height that my adult Chow Chow is.
Guess she's just going to be bigger than most, thats ok I still love her !

Oh, and Kaya is stunning !
[notify]
Sam

I can get out of- anything...

Barked: Mon Mar 7, '11 9:44am PST 
Sam is 10 right now and weighs...well I would say 50-52 lbs? I haven't weighed him since his visit for his knee, and he was 47 but he lost weight because he felt yucky from the knee and broken tooth. But since then, I can tell he gained his weight back. He stayed in the 49-52 range his whole life and looks great. I am not sure not tall he is but he is about in the middle range for normal huskies. I can measure him when I get home.
[notify]
Nanook

Barked: Wed Mar 16, '11 7:51am PST 
Nanook was always on the larger side, even as a pup. At 4 months he broke 40 pounds and was already 23" at the withers. He's just turned a year and is 70 pounds and 28" at the withers. The vet says he is in perfect condition, as well, as far as his form is concerned. He's super lean, and this is because I feed him raw.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3