GO!

Husky fetch

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Nikita

i want to go- outside!

Barked: Mon Apr 26, '10 6:59pm PST 
Do your huskies play fetch? Niki was not really interested in fetching until recently. Spencer is a GSD completely obsessed with playing fetch and now she'll play as long as he is. Now if he ends up with 2 balls, I'll just tell her "he's got two" and she'll go chase him and get one to bring back.
[notify]
Ilya

Barked: Mon Apr 26, '10 7:32pm PST 
When I first threw a ball for Ilya to fetch.... he watched it hit the floor and then looked at me as if he was saying "Was that suppose to be exciting"

He eventually has learned to fetch... but not on command. He will play with a stuffie, especially if it is squeaky. He LOVES squeaky stuffies he'll even toss it in the air himself and catch it if no one wants to play with him.
[notify]
Sassy

Red Monster with- blue horns- Killer!

Barked: Tue Apr 27, '10 3:00pm PST 
Sassy wants me to throw the ball in her mouth. If it touches the ground, I have to go fetch. So I tried a Frisbee, thinking she'd want to catch that. NOT!

I guess you would call it "catch" not fetch. BOL

Edited by author Tue Apr 27, '10 3:04pm PST

[notify]

Ava, NTD

Miss Ava Roo

Barked: Tue Apr 27, '10 8:41pm PST 
Ava actually fetches pretty well, which surprised me! She'll only do it after certain toys though and when she gets bored, she just kinda watches me toss the toy. Her favorite things to fetch are her squirrels and the little eggs that came in an alligator playset. I dunno why, but she loves those above all else, fetch-wise.
[notify]
Tony

Barked: Wed May 5, '10 8:15pm PST 
Tony loooves fetch.. but like a typical husky.. when he gets bored he just gives me a look like "its over ok" lol. If hes in the mood though... he will harass me until no end if i don't keep throwing the toy/ball for him.
[notify]
Bo

It's a- Bo-Bo-Licious- Kind of Day!!

Barked: Thu May 6, '10 11:11am PST 
the only toy Gracie like to fetch with was a stuffed ball with these streamers on it - that is long gone now. She might do one run up & back if she's in the mood, but mostly she go after something and just never brings it back. Think if she could she would pick it up and just pitch it over the other side of the fence! Now Bo-Bo on the other hand, LOVES to fetch! You just have to get out of the way when he's bringing the ball/toy back as he is running right at you! He looks like that kid in the Home Alone movies - AAHHH!!
snoopy
[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Thu May 6, '10 8:21pm PST 
I had Fritz at the park the other day. A tennis ball got out of the court and bounced toward us.

Fritz watched it come,watched it bounce past his nose, watched it go, and then watched me through it back to the tennis player who was surprised that my dog didn't go after the ball.

My Husky doesn't fetch or play with balls.
[notify]
Sasha Marie

Barked: Tue Nov 8, '11 12:47pm PST 
I was going thru the Husky forum & thought this post was great. Our little girl who is now 6 months, will fetch energetically for the first 3 times. After that she looks at you like "your turn!" and lay down. BOL She loves a tug-of-war kinda game where I try to take the ball/toy out of her mouth or pull on it & she shakes her head like she has prey.. At the dog park she will run with the ones chasing a ball & only pick it up if she is in the mood to tease the other dog(s) & won't bring it back to anyone. She is so funny....
[notify]
Lilly

Best hugs ever!

Barked: Thu Nov 10, '11 5:27am PST 
Ha! My dog Lilly watches me toss toys and wonders why I'm doing it. She will however throw things and play catch with herself. Silly huskies! dog walk
[notify]
Ember FDX

Go Go Devil- Bunnies!

Barked: Mon Nov 14, '11 3:15pm PST 
Absolutely not ever! Occasionally they'll bat toys back to me so I can toss them again, but it's hardly what I would consider fetch.

In order to get Ember to play flyball, I had to work specifically on building up balls as a good thing (feeding with balls present, etc), then train her to pick up a ball, then train her to actually carry the ball, and then intergrate those behaviors into the pattern of the game. And she still only does it in that context, because hurtling over 4 jumps at top speed makes it worthwhile.

Because of all the conditioning, she will find balls and prance around in front of me hoping for a treat.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2