GO!

Snow Nose

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Blitz

Husky Love

Barked: Fri Mar 27, '09 3:47pm PST 
Once a husky developes a snow nose, does it ever return to the black color?????

Blitz has had a black nose since he was little, then this winter it changed. He has a pink streak down the center. Its cute, but I was curious if it would return to black. Keep in mind we bought them in CA and this is their first winter living in NC.
[notify]
☆ Lacy

If it is mine,- it must never be- yours.

Barked: Fri Mar 27, '09 7:44pm PST 
Its funny you mention, Lacy's nose just turned colors this winter too. My other husky Xena, had it for her entire life. Maybe it it determined within the bloodline.

Edited by author Fri Mar 27, '09 7:48pm PST

[notify]
Sasha

" My cup runneth- over "

Barked: Fri Mar 27, '09 9:17pm PST 
My 4 month old puppy Sasha has that same pink streak down the middle of her nose which has just developed about a month ago. I got her from a breeder in CA and we live in CA. (What is snow? Ha...Ha) So it sounds like it might be both....snow and in the bloodline because Sasha's father has that same pink streak. One thing is for sure.....your right it is so cute!
[notify]

Sasha

" My cup runneth- over "

Barked: Fri Mar 27, '09 9:26pm PST 
My 4 month old puppy Sasha has that same pink streak down the middle of her nose which has just developed about a month ago. I got her from a breeder in CA and we live in CA. (What is snow? Ha...Ha) So it sounds like it might be both....snow and in the bloodline because Sasha's father has that same pink streak. One thing is for sure.....your right it is so cute!
[notify]
Darwin

Barked: Sat Mar 28, '09 10:42am PST 
My previous husky had a pink stripe for as long as I could remember until one summer. We went to Florida (our home state) and left her with her sister's owner. We came back to Kansas and she had a black nose!! We were bummed out because we loved her pink nose. She passed away before the next winter so I dont know if it would have turned back to pink or not.
[notify]
Kelly - Our Angel At- the Bridg

Mr. Fatty-Pants

Barked: Sun Mar 29, '09 9:32am PST 
For as long as I can remember Gracie who is 5, has had the pink streak, but Kelly did not - he always had a brown nose. He had what I thought was a scrape on his nose last year, but when it healed he ended up with a "pink" spot/line where the scrape was. Now it covers about 2/3's of the front of his nose.
[notify]
Vance CGC

You kids g'off- my lawn!

Barked: Mon Mar 30, '09 8:30pm PST 
Depends on why the nose got lighter.

It could be their pigment changing as he matures.

It could be that there's less sunlight. Vance's nose gets a little lighter in the winter, and then darkens in the Summer when we're outside all the time.

It could be that he's scraped the pigment off. Certain chew toys (marrow bones) and bowls will do this. It's also a common place for injury - Dogs poke their little noses into everything! Nose pigment does not return once it's been damaged like that.
[notify]
Sasha Belle

Bring Blue- Home!!

Barked: Tue Apr 7, '09 8:25pm PST 
Both of my girls get a pink stripe in the winter and by summer is turns back to black.
[notify]
Luc

Please vote for- me!

Barked: Sat May 2, '09 1:19am PST 
yeah, Luc's nose is getting more and more pink! it's really freaking me out actually. i think i better consult with his vet about it just to make sure.
[notify]