GO!

does your husky jump really high?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Stinky

*insert fart- noise*

Barked: Thu Dec 18, '08 8:35pm PST 
Our husky puppy gypsy jumps and pounces from side to side when she is really playful (thats the best way i can describe it) It's the cutest thing EVER!
[notify]
Vance CGC

You kids g'off- my lawn!

Barked: Sun Dec 21, '08 1:10pm PST 
My dear Dakota has, in a fit of joy, kicked me in the face. Kicked, like, with his back feet. I'm 5'6".

He has shown he's physically able to go over the 6 foot stockade fence in one leap. Since I never leave him outside unsupervised, he has not been able to practice this so he's never actually made it over. You really want to be careful of what jumping you allow to go on.

He also gets The Zoomies on a regular basis, and he won't stop for anything. If something is in his way, he simply goes over it. I've let him out with 3 or 4 other dogs who will just hang out with each other in a group. If they wander into his path, he'll clear them with feet to spare on every side. And they are not small dogs.

It's amazing. I actually really worry about him landing wrong, or hitting an unseen tree branch or something. I keep the yard very clear and we work on recalls a lot.

Edited by author Sun Dec 21, '08 1:11pm PST

[notify]
Stinky

*insert fart- noise*

Barked: Mon Dec 22, '08 11:41am PST 
Aw, I love their energy. We have to fix our wall in the backyard and make it higher before she gets bigger, she can't jump very high yet and hasn't even figured out how to jump over a foot and a half tall box yet lol. So I think we got some time to get that done.
[notify]

Brutus

Brutus the- Buddhist-the Zen- of Dog

Barked: Mon Dec 22, '08 6:06pm PST 
Brutus is only half husky but he loves to jump in the snow and when he sees someone he loves he does the back and forth jumping like he wants to herd them. I taught him to jump over a log on one of our regular hiking trails and he LOVES log jumping now.
On another note, I have talked to husky owners who told me when their husky couldn't jump the chain link fence, THEY CLIMBED IT!!
They are one smart dog!!!
[notify]
gravy

come on! lets- go!

Barked: Fri Jan 16, '09 12:51am PST 
hahah, I love this thread!
Yeah, my siberian used to jump our 6 foot high yard.
We built it higher, and he still jumped out!
The last time he got out of the yard, he brought home a girlfriend laugh out loud
I dont know how, but he brought home another siberian husky.
Now we have two siberian huskies, and a reaally high backyard cheer

For all of you guys that keep you husky in the backyard, make sure its at least 8 feet high! Gravy got hit by a car after we got home. he was out and saw us, so he started running towards us when he got hit. (He was fine, just a scrape)
[notify]
☆ Lacy

If it is mine,- it must never be- yours.

Barked: Sat Jan 17, '09 12:55am PST 
Maybe I'm lucky, I really havent had a problem with Lacy jumping over, but I have seen my friends husky Xena physically pull herself over a 7 foot fense, so I made sure the planks were facing inward on our yard. But the problem I have with my Sibe is that she will dig a huge tunell under the fence, so I had to place chicken wire around the base.thinking
[notify]