GO!

What Shampoo do you use?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 4: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  4  
♥Moll- y

Little Miss- Molly of Mine

Barked: Sat Jun 30, '07 1:51pm PST 
I had a stinky face red facered face It was over tear production. I even had the surgery from an opthamologist dvm, to laser off the eyelashes that were growing inward (ectopic silia) poking me and making extra watery eyes. Still in between my eyes on the "stop" and down the tear trail stays wet, which causes mold, makes sense, right? sometimes called red mold and hard to see that in dark hair! anyway I have to have my face washed twice a day, morn. & night, with a warm wash cloth and dried with a dry on and the vet gave us a Rx powder called Neo Predef, an anti fungal pwder to apply to my cleaned face with a qtip, being careful not to get in my eyes but on the stop and in the tear trail and gently wipe the qtip working in till the powder mostly disappears! It takes a clean qtip for each dunking in the powder! This has stopped the smell. ALSO, regularly bathe my face(not just washcloth it off) and cut the hair on my nose and right around the eyes, cause if it begins to smell, u are cutting off the old hair and the new growth is clean and continually being treated, helping alleviate any smell. If we miss one washing the face and applying powder we CAN tell a difference.

BUT....ask the vet about it & describe your symptoms, this might not be your answer, but it could be medical and treated!!! cheercheer
[notify]
Molly Saran

Molly - the princess

Barked: Thu Jul 12, '07 9:52am PST 
i like to use a shampoo that has oatmeal in it , it helps to keep shih Tzu skin from being overly dry & is soothing & try not to bathe them too often it also dries out the skin... puppy
[notify]
Minnie

Not a fatty,- just floofy!

Barked: Sun Jul 15, '07 2:46pm PST 
I use the premium shampoo and conditioner from dr. foster's and smith and it works good for the kids. keeps them clean and smelling so good ^_^
[notify]

Toby

Barked: Sun Sep 30, '07 3:39am PST 
We use various shampoos, mostly containing skin conditioners like the oatmeal baths others have recommended, then Perfect Coat Studio Conditioning Rinse with Aloe Vera (sold at Petsmart and Petco as well as other places).
This Derm Care Aloe & Oatmeal Shampoo that they sell also at Petsmart is useful for dry skin/dandruff b/c it is soapfree. Sounds like it would not get the dog clean but it does and helps the skin heal from harsh shampoos. Another thing we use is plain old Johnsons and Johnson's baby shampoo for head and face area b/c it's tear free. I've read tho that the human shampoos have a different Ph balance even for babies, so use that with a bit of caution or get the tearless puppy shampoos instead for head/face.
Good luck!
[notify]
bentley

mischief managed

Barked: Sun Sep 30, '07 11:45am PST 
bent uses petland premium banana oatmeal shampoo! the oatmeal is very gentle and the banana makes his coat smell yummy!!
cloud 9
[notify]
Dipper

Dipper- King of the- Prance

Barked: Mon Oct 1, '07 8:51am PST 
Do you know why your puppy smell's? It's her eye's leaking that what smell's.What i use on mr Dipper and ella is no tears baby shamppoo for there eye's.It cleans them awesome.Then blow dry you dogs face and put patrolium Jelly on his eye's then the leaking won't stick on the eyes you can just wipe it off it really easy.I learn it threw my grooming classes.I hope it work.way to go
[notify]
Dipper

Dipper- King of the- Prance

Barked: Tue Oct 9, '07 9:56am PST 
If your shi Tzu has alot of white hair you are able to use Dail hand soap and mix it 10 - 1 with water that will make there coat alot brighter and it will stay cleaner for a little while longer.
[notify]
Miss Pearl- Champion

It's all about- me.

Barked: Sat Oct 27, '07 3:25am PST 
Our vet (who used to raise shih tzus) told us to try no tear baby shampoo. He said that's the best thing to bathe them with, as it won't make their eyes tear up, and it'll take the tangles out of their coat.
[notify]
THE BOYZZZ

HAKUNAMATATA!!!

Barked: Thu Nov 1, '07 3:55pm PST 
We use no tear puppy shampoo, it smells like baby powder or so mummy says!!
luff the boyz
xxx
[notify]
Quinndred- Spirit

Yeap I do wiggle- when I walk:-)

Barked: Sun Nov 18, '07 12:56am PST 
Its amazing what different shampoos everyone is using. Mum uses Johnsons White and bright shampoo on Flippy and Winnie as its made esp for light/ white coated dogs. But on us (me/ Cinders and Alfie) she uses Johnsons baby shampoo ~with aloe vera. Also she uses Lil tots baby wipes on our faces (and our bums when we need itsmile. Wags and Sniffs doggies X
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 4: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  4