GO!

Shiba Inu foster

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

The Boys

The Three- Stooges.

Barked: Mon Jun 3, '13 11:00pm PST 
Hi I got my first foster today and he is a Shiba Inu. He's around a year old. He comes from a puppy mill.
puppy mill
I know that Shiba's are kind of aloof to begin with but I don't think he had interactions with humans at all. He seems to have no interest in humans at all and is a bit skittish. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions. I will be with him 24/7 for at least a couple of weeks and right now I just plan on taking it slow and let him get adjusted to being in a home and being around people. Thanks for any help.

I haven't given him a name yet. Waiting for my daughter to get home tomorrow to help me.
Our first foster.
[notify]
Freya

Barked: Fri Aug 16, '13 9:19pm PST 
Shibas have a tendency to be skittish in general, this combined with the awful experience he probably went through living in a puppy mill it may take a lot of time and patience before he loosens up. I would take it slow and give him a lot of affection and slowly ease him into socialization. Take baby steps. Don't start putting him in a dog park with tons of other dogs but introduce him to a couple close friends or family members from now and again and a couple other dogs occasionally until he starts breaking out of his shell.
[notify]