GO!

Husky/Shiba Inu

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Roxy

Reaaadddyy..seee- ttt.. G---OH A- BIRD!!!

Barked: Fri Oct 26, '12 6:44pm PST 
So I took Roxy to the vet today for a check up and get her shots. Right when he saw her he mentioned that she is the first Husky he has ever seen her size, which many suggest she is to small to be a pure sibe husky. He suggested that she may be mixed with a Shiba Inu, which some people at the dog parks have also mentioned it but I never really looked much into it. Her dad is a pure Husky with papers but I know her mom didn't have papers and it was a "friend's" Husky so I never saw her. My guess is that the momma was def. smaller and was a mix of something. Roxy weighs about 35-37 pounds and every Husky i see is way bigger than her. Vet doesn't think she will get much bigger. I was thinking of doing one of those DNA tests to see what would come back but im not sure how accurate those really are. Do you see a resemblance in her of both breeds? Any suggestions of maybe what else you may see that she may be mixed with?
[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Sun Nov 4, '12 8:10pm PST 
I never owned a husky before, but maybe your dog is just a small husky?

I know of a female boxer who is around 34 lbs or so..

Edited by author Sun Nov 4, '12 8:11pm PST

[notify]
Kaida

Official Shiba- Squirrel Tracker

Barked: Wed Nov 7, '12 10:54am PST 
Personally I don't see any Shiba in her, but with both breeds being a "spitz" variety you're going to see some similarities.
[notify]

Zim

OBEY ME

Barked: Mon Nov 12, '12 12:07pm PST 
According to the AKC website, 35 lbs is bottom of standard for female Siberian Huskies. Your girl is standard size. Small, but standard.

Edited by author Mon Nov 12, '12 12:08pm PST

[notify]
Hunni

Super Nova

Barked: Thu Jan 3, '13 9:33am PST 
i had a rescue Shiba inu/ Husky mix (confirmed it with the breeder) and we was a bit bigger than a shiba with shiba markings but had legs like a husky. your girls does look small but still mostly husky
[notify]
Kimiko

Star Fight- Princess

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 8:51pm PST 
My neighbor has an extremely small husky, about your girl's size; so it's not something I haven't seen before...

She doesn't look like a Shiba Inu to me, there are no characteristics of a Shiba (even though she's small), so you might just simply have a small girl on your hands.
[notify]
Beebe

Inu can do- anything better- than you

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 9:20pm PST 
Klee kai
[notify]