GO!

Looking for shiba breeders on the east coast...

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Okami- Amaterasu

I shalst- pluck-eth ze- toy...

Barked: Wed Oct 26, '11 12:08pm PST 
Does anyone know of any good shiba inu breeders on the east coast that breed black and tans? I live in Maryland and we have some shiba breeders nearby, but most of the ones I have found really only breed for red or red seasame. I'm not looking to get another shiba for at least a year...but I'm still trying to get a list of breeders to consult when the time comes...and I didn't necessarily want to go across the country to get a puppy smile.
[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Wed Oct 26, '11 5:22pm PST 
PMED you.
[notify]

Barked: Thu Nov 24, '11 2:44am PST 
I'm not aware of any that sell black and tan, but the National Shiba Inu Club of America has a directory of breeders. If you haven't looked there, that'd be a good place to look.

http://www.shibas.org/breeders.html
[notify]

Yoshihiko

PAARRTY~!

Barked: Mon Nov 28, '11 2:48pm PST 
check the nsca (National Shiba Club of America) website.

I've gotten two black and tans from Pat @ Hi Jinx in Wisconsin.. and i live in arizona!

Totally worth it.
[notify]
Okami- Amaterasu

I shalst- pluck-eth ze- toy...

Barked: Wed Nov 30, '11 5:41am PST 
Thanks for the responses. I've been thinking about it and I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with Hi-Jinx when the time comes dancing
[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Wed Nov 30, '11 8:24pm PST 
I've met Pat Doescher once and met some of her shiba and I agree she is a good breeder and her shiba seem really active and healthy.

She's my pick if I get a second shiba.
[notify]
Tesla

Bitsy Beast

Barked: Mon Jan 23, '12 9:21pm PST 
Tesla is from Hi Jinx, and we will go back to Pat when we're ready for another. We live in Boston and spoke to breeders out here and we weren't impressed. Certain people were pretty crazy and VERY pushy, even after we said no they just kept calling. But Pat's dogs are very friendly, she does her health testing, and Tesla's temperament is perfect. Pat was not pushy at all and answered all our questions. She has been very helpful and willing to work with us after we brought Tess home as well.
[notify]

Barked: Sun Nov 10, '13 4:47pm PST 
I am getting ready to buy a shiba inu male puppy that is black and tan from a breeder in Christiansburg,VA. Her name is Tammy Huff and she has all kinds of black and tan males and females. You can find her website if you google Blueridge Shibas. She is a very nice person and her puppies are beautiful. I would recommend buying one from her to everyone!
[notify]

Barked: Wed Jun 4, '14 9:50am PST 
I know this is an old thread but I figured I would share anyways.
http://www.rolypolypuppies.com/shiba-inu/ this is who I got my Shiba from. They are wonderful people.
[notify]