GO!

Scar on Hiro's face.. will hair ever grow?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2  
Yoshi

OK, have you- ever actually- SEEN a fox?

Barked: Mon Nov 30, '09 9:06am PST 
I can't speak for bite scars, but when Yoshi will get an irritated area from food allergies, he will lick the spot totally clear of fur. It does eventually grow back once whatever caused it is out of his system and he goes long enough without licking it.
[notify]
Hiro

The world is- MINE!!!!!!!!!!!

Barked: Mon Nov 30, '09 9:40am PST 
hahah! You guys crack me up and make me feel so much better all the time about whatever I'm concerned about! smile

yes, it does make him look more tough... I call them his "battle scars." hahaha

I just feel bad... and it totally sucks when ur pups get bite... ugh...
[notify]
Winnie

You obey ME!

Barked: Mon Nov 30, '09 10:53pm PST 
Hiro,

Mom saw the picture (she said "thank you for posting"), and she said that although it will take some time, she thinks the hair will grow back. No worries, it's just going to take a few weeks, maybe a couple of months. One day your mom is going to look and realize, "hey! that scar is gone!", just like Suki's mom said....
[notify]

Hiro

The world is- MINE!!!!!!!!!!!

Barked: Tue Dec 1, '09 10:44am PST 
Thanks Winnie! And tell your mom she's VERY welcome and that my mom appreciates all your help and everyone elses! smile

I really hope my hair grows in too! smile It's been 3 weeks... so... we wait! smile
[notify]
Maya

Barked: Wed Nov 28, '12 1:50pm PST 
Our dog Maya cut her nose on a metal pipe while trying to get at the chipmunk inside. The cut became infected very quickly, and a quarter-sized, 1/4" tall oozing lump formed at the infection site. Antibiotics from the vet brought the infection under control, but not before all the hair fell out of the lump and the skin turned black.

It's been two months since then, but stubbly hair is growing back where the lump was and the black spot has shrunk to about 1/2 its original size. At this rate I think it will all return to somewhat normal within 6 months, maybe a little longer.
[notify]
Kaida

Official Shiba- Squirrel Tracker

Barked: Thu Nov 29, '12 1:04pm PST 
Kaida has a tiny scar above her eye that hair never grew back on... hers was from a little scuffle with a cat.
[notify]
Yoshihiko

PAARRTY~!

Barked: Thu Nov 29, '12 4:54pm PST 
YIKES! Somehow i missed the post about the bite! Poor Hiro baby... i'm glad it wasn't a major scuffle from what you describe as his wound.

Belly rubs and kisses!
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2