GO!

Can your Shiba tell if you're pregnant?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Ayumi

Where did all of- this hair come- from?

Barked: Mon Mar 24, '08 11:00pm PST 
Well, it's official. Yumi's mom is pregnant! We had to keep a lid on it for the first 3 months, but now she's free to be openly pregnant. Yay!

I was just wondering if any moms out there had noticed any changes in their Shiba's behavior after getting pregnant.
[notify]
Loki

Love me!

Barked: Mon Mar 24, '08 11:11pm PST 
Wow... congratulations! What an exciting time for you. I'm sure your dog can tell that you're pregnant. I don't have any experience with this or evidence, but I'm sure that they can. They can detect cancer after all.
[notify]
Tikka

This is me- ignoring you!

Barked: Tue Mar 25, '08 6:17am PST 
CONGRATULATIONS!!! cheercheercheer What an exciting time for you!

I am sure they can tell something is different. They can detect hormonal changes, etc. I don't have a lot of experience either since I didn't carry to full term (miscarry). But my cat Ray-Ray knew I was pregnant before I did (didn't have Tikka at the time). He started jumping in my lap and head butting my stomach and kneading me and just generally acting very weird. I couldn't understand it, then about a week later I found out.

I'm interested to see how Yumi will interact with her new packmate!
[notify]

Sarah- Smartypants

But I don WANT- to go back to- school!

Barked: Tue Mar 25, '08 6:19am PST 
Sarah can tell if sissy is about to have a seizure so I have no doubt that Yumi is well aware that mommy's going to have a human pup.

Congratulations! snoopy
[notify]
Aya

Miss C.O.A

Barked: Tue Mar 25, '08 6:35am PST 
Wow, Ayumi's Mom... That's fantastic! What a joy! Smiling big for you...

(Aya just gave a very high pitched little toot--in celebration of your news, I'm sure!)
party
[notify]
Winnie

You obey ME!

Barked: Tue Mar 25, '08 7:10am PST 
Congratulations, Ayumi's mom! partypartypartypartyparty
[notify]
Roux

Roux-- One Saucy- Redhead

Barked: Tue Mar 25, '08 7:19am PST 
Congrats!! party
[notify]
Janie

Sleep now, take- over the world- later

Barked: Tue Mar 25, '08 7:19am PST 
Yay congratulations!! partyparty
[notify]
Tetsuya

I'm a snuggly- boy!

Barked: Tue Mar 25, '08 7:41am PST 
Congrats! party
[notify]
Augusta

born to pose

Barked: Tue Mar 25, '08 8:35am PST 
Congratulations!! What an exciting announcement!

So, Ayumi, here is the thing - I've heard these little creatures spill food...lotsa food, cheese cubes included. I think it is going to be awhile before this happens, but if you sit patiently by the dinner table for about 18 more months, I think you'll be golden.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2