GO!

Shiba inu weight graph/chart?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 13: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  
Mitsu

Is this- annoying? How- about this...?

Barked: Tue Nov 20, '07 5:07am PST 
Does anyone have a info / links for how much a shiba should weight at various ages? Ideally, I'm after some kind of chart or graph!

Thanks,
a weight conscious Mitsu.
[notify]
Janie

Sleep now, take- over the world- later

Barked: Tue Nov 20, '07 6:29am PST 
I was thinking of doing something like that, but only a few months after I got Janie. Maybe my next one I'll try to keep track, though maybe you can create one? That would be great.

That being said, I'm pretty sure the height/weight can vary greatly. For example, Janie's half sister (same father, different mother), who is about a month older than Janie, weighed less than Janie when Janie was around 4 months old. We haven't seen her in a while, but next month we'll see if she filled out.

At last weigh in, Janie was 18.4 lbs (Around 8kg?), which was on Friday.
[notify]
Mitsu

Barked: Tue Nov 20, '07 6:55am PST 
Mitsu has just been to the vet for her second vaccination. She weighed 3.8kg (~8lbs), and she is about 10 weeks old.
[notify]

Janie

Barked: Tue Nov 20, '07 7:02am PST 
I believe at about 3 months, which is when we got her, she was around 9.5lbs
[notify]
Mitsu

Barked: Tue Nov 20, '07 7:07am PST 
Thanks, Janie. I'll weigh myself every month from now on, and keep track of it. I'd quite like a way of telling if I'm above/below average though!

Mits.

Edited by author Tue Nov 20, '07 7:07am PST

[notify]
Janie

Barked: Tue Nov 20, '07 7:13am PST 
I started thinking how I've never seen an overweight shiba, so of course, I had to google some images.

Warning, these pictures may make you want to go exercise:
Fatty
The story
[notify]
Mitsu

Barked: Tue Nov 20, '07 7:28am PST 
Wow! That's one fat dog. I tend to leave some of my food if I'm not hungry enough to eat all of it. I'm not skinny, but I'm not fat either. I look heavier than I am, because of my super-fluffy coat (it's cold in Manchester - it snowed a bit yesterday).

I'll be able to go on walks soon, as I've had my final puppy-injection! Only 10 days to go smile

Mits.

Edited by author Tue Nov 20, '07 7:29am PST

[notify]
Ronin

I'm a dedicated- napper.

Barked: Tue Nov 20, '07 8:49am PST 
Oh no! That poor puppy! cry

When I picked Ronin up for the breeder, he was much bigger than his siblings, and I didn't have any shiba puppy experience but the breeder said he was big for a shiba pup, in general. I'm interested to see what happens. His mother was actually quite small.shrug

I still don't know how he would compare to "average". I haven't weighed him this month, but last month, at 4 months old, he weighed right around 14 lbs (I can't remember the exact number).

I just mentioned in another thread hat I was looking for this kind of info too, when he was a puppy. big grin I never found it, so I just feed him the amount recommended by the foods' manufacturer. He's not a glutton, so if he's hungry he eats it all, or...he sometimes saves it for later. occasionally he goes on a little hunger-strike. Lately, it's because he's been losing puppy teeth so quickly....poor little guy.
[notify]
Henry

Are you gonna- eat that?

Barked: Tue Nov 20, '07 8:55am PST 
Love the new pic, Ronin! That's such a shiba pose!
[notify]
Mitsu

Barked: Tue Nov 20, '07 9:04am PST 
bol! Ronin's doing shiba-yoga. laugh out loud
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 13: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13