GO!

Sheltie Breeders in Minnesota, USA

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Luna

Future Service- Dog

Barked: Sat Oct 20, '12 6:55pm PST 
I am looking for a service dog prospect. Does anyone know of any Sheltie breeders in Minnesota? So far I've contacted the few that I know of.

Edit: I'm looking for a local-ish breeder because I want to meet the dog first and not ship one in from across the US>

-D

Edited by author Sat Oct 20, '12 7:04pm PST

[notify]
Fergus

Lets Run

Barked: Sun Nov 4, '12 6:37pm PST 
You don't state which breeders you have contacted. I know of 2.
Blackmyst Shelties is owned by Rachel Lucas and Shelli Stulken. I'm not sure where the kennel is located but Shelli is a vet and I believe she works in the Minneapolis area. The other is Weis Shelties(Vicki Weis) in Redwood Falls.
[notify]
Luna

Future Service- Dog

Barked: Tue Nov 20, '12 2:58pm PST 
I am actually talking to Vicki Weis! Thanks for the help.
[notify]

Fergus

Lets Run

Barked: Fri Nov 23, '12 6:32am PST 
That's great. Vicki has some lovely dogs. She's been in the business a long time and should be able to help you get the right dog. She knows a lot of fellow breeders. If she doesn't feel she has one she might know someone that does.
[notify]