GO!

Do I have Sheltie in me?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Tika

Little Fox

Barked: Tue Mar 16, '10 5:05pm PST 
Hey all, I'm new here. =) I've been puzzling over Tika's breed mix for ages now--I'm pretty sure she's part pom, but I couldn't decide what else might be in there. However, someone suggested she might have some Sheltie in her, and honestly it would explain some of her behavior.

She LOVES, LOVES, LOVES people and isn't shy with strangers at all, but what she DOES like to do is chase cars. And not just chase--she stalks/herds them. She also goes nuts barking at small animals. And she's a bit of an ankle-biter when she plays with other dogs, heh.

So...thoughts? =)
[notify]
Carter

Barked: Thu Apr 19, '12 11:51pm PST 
My parents have a sheltie and ive had poms in the past. I can see both breeds in your dog. Your dog has a long body which comes from the sheltie and the curly tail from the pom. They are both good breeds. i would choose a sheltie over a pom any day though. only because i can get my sheltie to stop barking and my poms never shut up.
[notify]