GO!

ears?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2  
Buddy

Can I have a- cookie?

Barked: Fri Dec 21, '07 6:46pm PST 
No gum for me!
Ears tipped perfectly with just mother nature's help.
Only problem is, mom can't get the camera focused fast enough to catch the picture. Maybe net time that pesky squirrel is outside...thinking
[notify]
Kenzie

Flyin to the- Moon/Playing- with the Stars

Barked: Mon Dec 24, '07 12:40pm PST 
We are using Tear Mender (from Ace Hardware). It is working - I am 2 and a half (Mom got me at 6 months) and we are still getting results slowly, since my ears are glued and unglued on a regular basis because of agility trials (they do not allow them to be glued). One ear tips great, the other is coming along. Mom bends them when she pets me in between and that seems to have a good effect too.

Cheri, on the other hand, her ears stand straight up. Mom started to glue them one day and when she folded one down, she thought Cheri didn't look like herself, so she didn't glue them. Everybody thinks that Cheri is pretty anyway and that her ears make her look happy. I agree - I love her the way she is.

--Kenzie smile
[notify]
Duncan, CD,- CGN, RNMCL,- RACL,

velcro dog

Barked: Sun Jan 6, '08 9:32am PST 
The ears need to be tipped before the rear molars grow in, or else they (usually) don't hold. Mila had her ears glued for almost a year, and whenever the glue came off, they popped up within a few days. Yet her littermate sister never had a drop of glue on her ears, and she has lovely, naturally tipped ears, and they sit very nicely on top of her head, not low on the sides.

I am bound and determined to have Jayna have tipped ears. But, if it doesn't happen, it doesn't hapen. She came from the foster home with glued ears, and once they come unlgued, they will stay unglued. But she is going through her teething phase right now, and I think the glue will hold until she is mostly done.
[notify]

Koji

It's chewable,- if I can bite- it.

Barked: Wed Jan 9, '08 2:48pm PST 
Sigh. I saw this and I had to post. Koji is going to be 8 months next weekend, and I'm STILL trying to get his ears to stay down. They have been glued since I got him as a puppy (9 weeks). His breeder said to stick with it a couple more months and see what happens. By then, it's too late, and however they are, they'll be.

If you look at his profile, and his brothers, sigh. Miko's, I gave up on. But he looks good with his prick ears. Koji....well...he's show quality, and although I'm not breeding him, I want him to LOOK the part.

Ho hum. Just frustrated.

Koji's (darn those ears) Momma
[notify]
Cheri

A borrowed dog- that stole Mom's- heart

Barked: Sat Jan 19, '08 10:31pm PST 
Hey!!! look at my ears - and I am very pretty anyway, Mom says!!!
[notify]
Jayna

Play innocent,- you get away- with more!

Barked: Sun Jan 27, '08 2:55pm PST 
I have 3 sets of prick ears, no matter what I tried to do with them. Now that we have Jayna, her tipped ears are coming along lovely! 1 ear is good, I am just hoping the other 1 will come out just as well. If not, then, oh well! I guess we will have a halfer! (1 up, 1 down)!
[notify]
Darius

Crazy Pants

Barked: Fri Feb 15, '08 10:08am PST 
I have one ear that stays tipped and the other doesn't. But that's okay! Mommy and Daddy use my ears to see how tired I am. When I'm really really tired my ears droop all the way down to my forehead.
[notify]
Lit'l Miss- Kentucky- "Sunshine"

You are my- Sunshine!!

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '08 2:24pm PST 
My ears are tipped great by mother nature right now - mom hopes they stay that way, cause she says she had a time with Ace's!!! But she'll love us anyway.
I put a couple of new pics on - I am a very cute sheltie, uh?

BOL,
Sunshine
[notify]
McTippers- Moonstruck- Zephyr RN

Mr. Z

Barked: Sun Aug 19, '12 3:03pm PST 
Zephyr's were tipped with gum. Worked perfectly for him. His sister Clover's never tipped, though that's how hers were attempted by their breeder.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2