GO!

HELP! DNR/DNT... this woman needs to be exposed!

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

Barked: Tue Apr 8, '14 6:20am PST 
This woman met me this past week for a transport. Well she was bragging about how she gets rescues and breeds them. She has 5 females and 1 male Boston Terrier and she breeds them as they come in heat. She said she wants to keep the bloodlines pure. She has 80 birds and she said most of which are rescues and she breeds those as well. I asked her why, and she stated she needs the money. She also has a fundraiser that she gets people to buy stuff and a percentage goes to her. She is not a licensed rescue, I have checked that out. I am not sure what we need to do to stop her. I had a transport this past week and she was the next leg, I met her personally and she almost let one of the dogs go, as well as she had roaches running around in her vehicle, she more trash inside that car than I've ever seen,she seemed high, she almost let one of the dogs lose! She almost didn't have room for the dogs! I haven't said anything to her bc I need to get any all information on her before I do. If you can help please let me know. Thanks!

Edited by author Tue Apr 8, '14 7:42am PST

[notify]
Ember FDX

Go Go Devil- Bunnies!

Barked: Tue Apr 8, '14 9:39am PST 
Depends on how much you want to put into taking this woman down.

The easiest thing to do is alert the rescue she was transporting for to what happened and let them take it from there.

Of course, some rescues are glorified mills, so they may already know and not care either way.

If you want to do this yourself, you're going to need to know where she lives. Involve the authorities in that area as a potential hoarding case. Collect any evidence you can of unsanitary conditions animals are being kept in. Even more important will be evidence that she is misrepresenting herself as a charitable organization. Those will be your only legal points - unfortunately vicariously breeding animals and being careless in handling them is not illegal.

You could call the police for DUI, although if she ends up busted for drugs and hauled off to jail, things could go very poorly for her animals.
[notify]
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Tue Apr 8, '14 5:10pm PST 
I'm not sure where you live, but if you can find out where she lives, some states (like mine) have an SPCA and they HAVE to check out every call. So you could call her in to them.
[notify]