GO!

Free to good home, 14 month chi, moving can't keep her. :( rant

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Thu Feb 27, '14 4:33pm PST 
I saw this hand written add on a pin up board at our supermarket. Reading it, hurts me in my heart. frown

The add goes on to say she is gentle, loving, and good with kids. crycrycry

I feel really bad thinking about that poor unsuspecting, "loving" dog is about to feel when she is thrown away because it is too much trouble to move a small dog. naughty

If I didn't already have too many dogs, (7) I would call to see about her. Poor little thing deserves better.
[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Thu Feb 27, '14 4:49pm PST 
That is sad. There are a lot of landlords that aren't going to consider great big dogs but under twenty pounds is usually workable. Apparently these people weren't trying too hardcry
[notify]
Kali earned- her wings- 10/21/14

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Sat Mar 1, '14 4:28am PST 
I would call her and suggest she contacts a rescue. Otherwise she might end up in the wrong hands. frown I might even give her few rescue numbers.
[notify]

♠- Deuce- ♥

I Woof U

Barked: Sat Mar 1, '14 10:29am PST 
I am having the same problem, since I had to move back to Pennsylvania. Me & My two dogs (a german shepherd and a blind pomeranian) are having a negative time finding a home, both affordable and pet friendly) to call home. I am in the Gettysburg area and it's been not good. My dogs have to live outside, which they've never had to do and it hurts my heart. I understand ... but to be cruel to humans is also disturbing. In today's economy and the way landlords are, it's almost impossible!! I don't know what to do either.

Instead of feeding negative vibes, call the people and offer a temporary foster or ANYTHING. I know how they must feel!!!

Edited by author Sat Mar 1, '14 10:31am PST

[notify]
Riot

I think I see my- ball!

Barked: Sat Mar 1, '14 4:52pm PST 
I live in Utah and it took me a long time to find a home that would accept my dogs. For a while, I was scared I was going to have to give my pug up (He is all we had at the time). It was either give my pug up or my daughter, husband and I live in a car. If it was just me and my husband? Sure. But I can't have my 3 year old living in a car. Luckily, we just kept at it and just in time found a place that had no issues renting to a person with dogs.

It amazes me how "anti-pet" landlords can be. We live in the country in the middle of no where, yet 90% of landlords want no animals. It's easy to judge based on a paper that was posted at a store, but until you know the whole story maybe you should hold off.

Edited by author Sat Mar 1, '14 4:54pm PST

[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Mon Mar 3, '14 6:19am PST 
Our former landlord ( we have since bought the house) was also anti-pets but we had an elderly Akita/GSD mix that I could not leave or live without. We offered our landlord a pet agreement. We offered to carry renters insurance in case of a dog bite, she was already spayed so that was no issue, we also agreed to pay for and repair any damage, offered regular inspections of the property for damage and a separate pet deposit. We also agreed to find out all ordinances applying to pets and live by them. Given that we were so willing to give a good faith effort and do so much our landlord let us have the dog. He was so impressed by her good behavior that when she crossed the bridge, he had no problem with our request to get a new puppy. I don't know if this would be helpful to any of you but it may be worth a try. Good Luck!!
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Mon Mar 3, '14 2:29pm PST 
hug Fritz, I know you have taken in a lot of dumped dogs and you probably feel this is just one more that is being dumpedhug At least these people didnt just leave it behind and are trying to find a home for ithug

I have been a property manager and am currently a landlord and everything M and K makes perfect sense to me smile Its too bad that some landlords have a blanket statement of no pets frown My youngest child is looking for a pet friendly apt and where they live, there is a limit of 20 pounds in most apt. I see where Fritz is coming from, this is a Chi, not a breed with potential insurance restrictions frown
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Tue Mar 4, '14 12:34pm PST 
Mika and Kai, those sound like great suggestions. I hope for the best for this pup and her people. I do not know what I would do if I was forced to live without my dogs and hope I never have to. Right now I am in line to adopt a 7 year old lab who was taken in by his rescue just because of this kind of situation.
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Tue Mar 4, '14 12:59pm PST 
'Free to good home-4 year old boy, well behaved, sleeps through the night, potty trained, sweet and loving'

If this was posted, the authorities would be at your door. My dogs are not negotiable! Period. I long ago accepted that sub standard, over priced, inconveniently located housing was my price to pay. When I had to I got second or even third jobs. You do what it takes.

Fritz, hug
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Tue Mar 4, '14 1:07pm PST 
I was going to suggest that the OP try the Littlestown area. About 10 miles from Gettysburg and think they could find more options there. Gettysburg is kind of upscale with all the tourist trade and Littlestown is more blue collar.

Yes, to that - Sabi.

we love you, pal!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3