GO!

From High-Kill Shelter to Loving Home

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Roman

The Snuggler

Barked: Tue Jun 18, '13 12:14pm PST 
IN 3 WEEKS!

I have travelled a long way to get to my furever home. I come from Texas where I was a stray since I was a puppy, or at least that's what my new mom knows. Around 4 weeks ago, I was captured and put into a high-kill shelter. I was scared but the nice people at Little Mutts Rescue in Alberta, Canada came and saved me! Right on time too because I was scheduled to be euthanized the day after the saved me.

When I came to Alberta, Canada, my new mom's mom took me into her home and cared for me. My new mom helped her mom with me every day and absolutely fell in love with me. I am extremely cuddly and will do anything to get in her arms.

There were people who were wanting to adopt me, and my new mom was very sad that she might not be able to adopt me. The other people decided against adopting me because I am not fully housebroken yet and I do not like to be alone at all. So JUST YESTERDAY my new mom signed the papers to adopt me!

She has been slowly training me since the day she met me. I now sit for her to put on the leash, sit at street corners and stay by her side when she drops the leash in the pet store. Although I have my shortcomings, this family is perfect for me. My new mom takes me EVERYWHERE! I am now so well fed and exercised and NOT ONE ACCIDENT IN THE HOUSE!

I don't exactly know when my birthday is but the vet said I might be around 1 years old. So my new mom and new brother are going to pick a birthday for me! I am so excited!

I am one happy dog. snoopycloud 9

On a side note: I know I am a terrier cross... but my new mom is wondering what I could be crossed with. Can you help her out?

Edited by author Tue Jun 18, '13 12:17pm PST

[notify]
Maci & Harley & Jigar

Golden butts

Barked: Tue Jun 18, '13 12:27pm PST 
Welcome to Alberta! So glad you got a new home and are thriving.

Personally I would need more photos before guessing...and even then I am not good at it smile
[notify]
Roman

The Snuggler

Barked: Tue Jun 18, '13 6:12pm PST 
Thanks for the welcome! I posted some more pictures and even a video!
[notify]

Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Tue Jun 18, '13 6:55pm PST 
I'm so glad she has found a home with u. I think she could have some Maltese in her. If I had to make a bet I'd say a Maltese and a west highland white terrier(westie) mixed together. She looks so sweet with u in the profile picture where u are snuggling. U can tell she really loves you.
[notify]
Roman

The Snuggler

Barked: Wed Jun 19, '13 9:08am PST 
Could be. His coat doesn't seem to coincide with either or a mix of those two dogs. He has thin wiry hair all over. I can see some Maltese though, especially with his tail. lol

And thank you. That picture was taken after a very long walk. I take him everywhere with me (where dogs are allowed anyways), so that includes walking long distances, taking buses, etc. After I get new pedals for my bike, I will be getting a basket for him to ride in so we can go on so many more adventures together!
[notify]
Lil Girl - R.I.P- Sweetheart

Barked: Wed Jun 19, '13 10:22am PST 
I have no guesses as to the breed but I would like to suggest a birthday idea. When I found Lil Girl, my beagle, she was on her death bed. All bones showing, she could hardly walk and she was full of porky pine needles. I took her in and took care of her and decided to keep her. I knew she was about 1- 1 1/2 yrs old. I made her birthday on May 21st. because that was the day I found her and gave her a new life.
[notify]
Roman

The Snuggler

Barked: Wed Jun 19, '13 1:17pm PST 
I was actually thinking about that. That would mean his birthday would be May 24, that's when I first met him and fell head over heels in love with him.
[notify]
Hucky and- Ringo

Barked: Thu Jun 20, '13 11:14am PST 
Sounds like a plan Roman. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY ROMAN partyparty
[notify]
Kali earned- her wings- 10/21/14

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Fri Jun 21, '13 6:03pm PST 
welcome He's very cute!
[notify]
Willie

Furever Baby

Barked: Sat Jun 22, '13 7:33pm PST 
Roman certainly does look like a snuggle puppy for sure and so cute! Welcome to Canada Roman!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2