GO!

I was left in the woods to die, Venting

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Kali earned- her wings- 10/21/14

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Fri Jun 7, '13 4:13am PST 
That's awesome he found a home! applause
[notify]
CINNAMON

Sweet & loving- life!

Barked: Fri Jun 7, '13 10:21am PST 
Hi everyone

I don't know if this is the correct forum to post in, but maybe some of you can help.

My Mommy adopted me 1 1/2 months ago. I was a stray, no collar, chip, tag & I wasn't even spayed. I am 3 1/2.

Mommy is taking over now.... Whenever Cinnamon sees a slight-built, dark hair woman she just stops & stares & WON'T move. Then she pulls to get to this person. I'm assuming she thinks this is a (former) Mommy. She was very fearful when I first got her, but now she is great except for this issue.

Any suggestions??
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Fri Jun 7, '13 6:26pm PST 
Cinnamon.. I would repost this in the Behaviour thread if I were you Sweetie.

It MIGHT be a memory.. but you will never know.. and its just not something to worry over..

Work as I know you have been with the issues she has.. and go forward. This is just one more thing that will.. in time.. if you work to mitigate it... go.

Train her into focusing on YOU.... carry small wanted treats in your pocket.. Look ahead.. see what is coming... teach her focus.

Its still very early days.. and you have been doing great !
hughughughughug

Edited by author Fri Jun 7, '13 6:33pm PST

[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2