GO!

Pup in Spartanburg, SC needs a special new home.

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

Barked: Tue Apr 2, '13 1:04pm PST 
We have a 5 year old border collie mix who is having bite issues. She has snapped at me before over a raw hide, and we were told that to find her a new home would be very difficult, so we could put her down or do some work with her, well we chose the latter. I took her for runs frequently and worked with her with a special collar and her behavior improved. We have since had a baby and with a new baby time to spend with her has diminished. Recently she snapped at me and bit me a few times while I was trying to brush her teeth and trim her nails, which she has never done before. I am now afraid for her to be around my son who is 18 months old and very active. I know that she is a good dog, but that our environment is not conducive to her needs. We have reached out to a few places, but they have been unable to help. If you want a lap dog that is a good running partner and have the time and love to work with her please contact me. It's just not fair for her to stay here where we can no give her the attention she deserves.

my e-mail is poochfred@bellsouth.net please put dog interest in the subject line so that I know it's not junk mail Thank you!
[notify]