GO!

More unbelievable dog "owners"

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Okami- Amaterasu

I shalst- pluck-eth ze- toy...

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '12 3:09pm PST 
A few days ago my family and I took in a temporary rescue Pomeranian, and the reason why is almost unbelievable.

Her previous owners had her since she was a pup, and now she's ten. They are moving (not very far away) and decide that they don't want her anymore. Not that they couldn't take her, they just didn't want her anymore. They were apparently having "such" a hard time finding a different home for her, that they said that, if we did not take her, they were ready to open the door and just let her go. Or, simply leave her in the house when they left o_O

Obviously, we could not leave her with these people. So she is temporarily with us until we can find her a proper home, or possibly a rescue that can take her. The poor girl is 10, she has NEVER been to the vet, is not spayed, her breath and teeth are HORRIBLE, she is terribly hand shy, and she has no clue what dog food is. These people apparently threw whatever left over scraps at her for her to eat, or she stole food from the other dogs' bowls (who they are apparently keeping).

Aside from her suffering from obvious neglect, she is a complete sweetheart. She loves people, though you have to move slowly to pet her or pick her up as she trembles and shies away and is very stiff when you hold her at first.

I just...cannot believe how people can be. I had to share this poor dog's story with my fellow Dogster's who are actual responsible owners.
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '12 3:48pm PST 
eek That is terriblefrown Bless you for taking in this poor doghug
[notify]
Lily

Woof!

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '12 4:26pm PST 
Some people are vile. frown Bless you for taking her in. hug
[notify]

Kali earned- her wings- 10/21/14

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '12 5:30pm PST 
Some people just "don't get It", and never will. shrug At least she's with you now. That's a good thing. applause
[notify]
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '12 7:30pm PST 
That is so sad! How horrible to have to live 10 years like that.cry Thank you for taking her in, hopefully she will live to a ripe old age so she will get many years filled with peace and love.hughug
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '12 10:20pm PST 
hughughughughughug to you. It is so wonderful of you to take this poor girl in and try to find her a good home. I will never understand how people can do such vile things yet consider themselves the "higher" species. Thank-you for giving me reason to keep believing there are still decent people left in the world.flowers
[notify]
Okami- Amaterasu

I shalst- pluck-eth ze- toy...

Barked: Sun Dec 16, '12 6:10pm PST 
Thank you for the kind words everyone.

But honestly I don't feel like there was much of a decision to make. I think any other kind (or sane) person would have done the same. And she is just a small pom, it's not like we were talking about a giant or even medium sized dog, so she's not too huge of a burden on us as a temporary rescue.

I just can't fathom how people can get any sort of animal, have it since it was a puppy/kitten/etc. and for ten years of it's life, and then just be "oh, I don't want it anymore".

It shouldn't be too hard to find her a good home, she is such a sweet little dog. She and Okami even get along somewhat (or, more that Okami tolerates her as best as she can, lol) which is rather surprising to me. But we're getting her to the vet (and the groomers, PEW!!) asap and then hopefully into a permanent home.

Whether she lives just another year or even another ten years, she deserves a much better home and people to care for her.

Edited by author Sun Dec 16, '12 6:12pm PST

[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Mon Dec 17, '12 5:53am PST 
Evil people in the world, but this girl is lucky to have found youlittle angel
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Mon Dec 17, '12 11:03am PST 
Our Cookie had been left behind after a move. I can't understand why someone would do that to a pup. Cookie has come a long way since we got her, but some issues will always remain. And she had the advantage of being pretty young, so it is easier for her.

Thank you for taking this poor pup in.
[notify]
Lilly

Best hugs ever!

Barked: Tue Dec 18, '12 5:19am PST 
I really wish there were stricter laws pertaining to owning a pet. Those people should be investigated for abuse. I'd love to see a national abuser registry and more severe punishment to these kind of people.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2