GO!

Trooper

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2  
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Mon Dec 10, '12 11:21am PST 
Yes, similar to that handsome guy Samoa big grin I usually saw the tail set carried over the back more often than not in the lab/GSD mixes, a bit higher than what's common for full bred labs. Sometimes the tail was carried a bit more GSD like, lower with a slight curl unless the dog is really excited.
[notify]
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Mon Dec 10, '12 11:40am PST 
Samoa, yeah, that's pretty much how he looks except with short hair (he does have a double coat though). So I'm thinking maybe either a Lab/BC mix or a Lab/GSD mix...which do think is more likely? I may have to change his profile, lol.smile I always just thought a BC mix because we have a lot in this area, but there are a ton of labs and Aussies as well. I've seen GSDs too, but not as many.

Edited by author Mon Dec 10, '12 11:43am PST

[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Mon Dec 10, '12 12:00pm PST 
I think there is some GSD in there. Maybe Lab/GSD?

Instead of BC?

I changed Samoa to Golden/Aussie in his description because a neighbor says he is exactly like her golden...except not...golden.

Part of the fun of having a mixed breed.
[notify]

Twister

forever loved

Barked: Mon Dec 10, '12 12:01pm PST 
Here is a mini-update on Trooper, there wasn't much to add that hasn't all ready been said...except apparently the pup had been abused prior to this incident. He does seem to be making progress healing.

http://www.examiner.com/article/pit-bull-puppy-a-real-trooper-mi raculous-healing-after-being-dragged-by-truck

This is the humane society page about him:

http://www.hsmo.org/news/trooper.html

This is just speculation, but do you think it is really possible for someone to drive off without knowing there is an animal tied to your vehicle? The article never said it was something huge like a semi, just a truck. I would have thought you would hear it crying, unless there was music blaring or something...thinking

Btw, I live in MO, and I have seen idiots dragging either a dead or fake opossum with their car before (they were parked at McDonalds...I'm hoping it was fake and they were just trying to get a rise out of people)...so with some of these people around here, it doesn't really surprise me that someone would do this to an animal they don't want anymore.frown
[notify]
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Mon Dec 10, '12 12:04pm PST 
OT: Yeah, mystery dogs are awesome.smile I'm thinking I'm probably going with Lab/GSD, though I'll probably never know exactly what he is (maybe more than two breeds, who knows?).puppy

Edited by author Mon Dec 10, '12 12:05pm PST

[notify]
Natasha - 美花- ~Beautiful- Flower~

Let's play tag!- You're it!

Barked: Mon Dec 10, '12 4:45pm PST 
In regards to the guy not seeing Trooper before driving off, it would be possible if the pup was tied either in the middle of the back bumper or off to the passenger side, and the guy approached the truck from the front to get in. I've gotten into my car countless times without even glancing at my back bumper...but after this...a glance or two might save a life!

OT- The reason why I've always hesitated to say that Twister has Lab or GSD in him is because all the Labs or GSD and mixes I've seen at the shelter, around town, and out around Conway have been the larger varieties, and Twister is just 50lbs. I figured a pup from two large breeds would've resulted in a mix larger than 50lbs. However, Echo is supposed to have GSD and Cocker Spaniel in her and she's a measly 17or so lbs! laugh out loud Twister as Lab/GSD is MUCH more believable!
[notify]
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Mon Dec 10, '12 5:12pm PST 
Completely OT:
HIIIII TASHA!! I wuvs you!! hug Twist says he wants to visit, maybe in a few years, kay? Chad wants to come in the summer, but I don't think we can do it then, esp not since Twist wants to come too (methinks Twist and Tasha would be perfect for each other, I do have a friend with an awesome lab).big grin Echo is more at 20lbs, but thats cuz sis keeps spoiling her with yummy jerky treats, tsk tsk. Twist makes her run when she goes to the property for visits, haha.

Semi OT:
To be honest, I kinda was putting off admitting Twist likely has Lab, because, well...I'm not a fan of them.red face The labs around here (for the most part, not saying all, I have a friend with an awesome lab) seem to be a bit aggressive, or at least territorial...they are the ones I usually have problems with on walks. There are two really big black ones a few streets down that *appear* mean. But one that really scared me was out at our state park (Bennet Springs), one of the workers who live in a house there has a brown lab that is always sure to make known his displeasure when we walk past, but is usually contained on a porch. The last time we were there, he was out of the porch, and charged towards us so I yelled no at him and he stopped, but I think we were far enough off 'his' land that he lost interest.shrug But it's not like Twist is perfect either (on walks he is pretty good though, and almost always ignores dogs like that).

Something ON T to have something OnT:
More healing hugs for Trooper! hug

Edited by author Mon Dec 10, '12 5:14pm PST

[notify]
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Wed Dec 19, '12 10:17am PST 
whoah! So the whole story has come out about what happened with Trooper.

The man (Washington) who accidentally dragged Trooper with his trailer had given Trooper to his ex-wife as a present for their daughter. She didn't want the pup anymore because she claimed it was shy and sick so this was how she "returned" the pup. There was video surveillance that caught her pulling up and having their son tie the pup to the back of the trailer. Washington had actually walked around the trailer, but never saw the pup since it had crawled underneath and was apparently sleeping.frown He hopes he and his girlfriend will be allowed to adopt him when he is healed.

This article has the whole story:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/st-lou is-dragged-puppy-mystery-solved/article_6bddd6cf-df11-5a4c-adce-d26d 037b0055.html

And this is his FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/TeamTrooper
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2