GO!

Trooper

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Fri Dec 7, '12 3:24pm PST 
This poor pitbull pup was rescued after being dragged for a mile down the highway. Someone had apparently tied it to a guy's truck and he got back on the road without noticing him until a woman got his attention on the highway.frown The awesome vets were able to save him, and an anonymous donor has gotten the reward to $5,000 to try and find the lowlife who tied the pup to the vehicle. Hope they find whoever did this and throw the book at them...even if they thought the driver would see him, they intentionally abandoned the pup in a dangerous situation.naughty

However, the pup is recovering well, and seems to have the sweetest spirit.smile They say even when changing bandages (which is painful) all is does is rest his head on their arms...and that he is always wagging his tail. He obviously loves people, I hope he recovers quickly and that they find him an awesome family to adopt him!hug

Here is the link to the news story, sorry I haven't been able to get the clicky-link thingie to work.red face Click on 'source' for the original news article (their web address was longer...)

http://now.msn.com/pit-bull-puppy-survives-being-tragg ed-behind-truck-for-a-mile

ETA: Hope this is ok for this forum, just wanted to share Trooper's story with everyone...hopefully it will have a very happy ending. smile

Edited by author Fri Dec 7, '12 3:25pm PST

[notify]
Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Sat Dec 8, '12 2:47am PST 
Clicky!

I cried.

That poor puppy... I hate seeing crap like this... People doing things like this to these poor animals..

I hope Trooper gets healthy and finds a furever home that treats him the way he should be treated - like a best friend.

Thank you for sharing this.

Btw.. Off topic... I need to get updated pictures, but Twister looks A LOT like Ria, just with the added white patches. Again, I need to get updated, recent pictures of her though. Gorgeous boy you got. Ria is Border Collie/Lab
[notify]
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Sat Dec 8, '12 8:29am PST 
I'm just glad Trooper is now with people who will care for him and give him lots of lovin's while he is healing.

Btw, thanks ^^ My vet has Twist listed as a lab mix, I just can't really see it, but it's possible he has some in him. Ria does look a lot like him...the video of her and Charlie playing together is adorable!smile
[notify]

Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Sat Dec 8, '12 3:21pm PST 
Twister has GSD in there for sure!
[notify]
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Sat Dec 8, '12 3:23pm PST 
Re Trooper, my gut tells me this was an abandonment gone terribly wrong. Truckers typically love dogs. Use them as traveling buddies. There's even a trucker transport group, named Operation Roger, that transports shelter pups. My guess on what happened is that someone figured if they tied the puppy the trucker would take him, but he didn't notice the puppy tied, and drove off. That's to me what makes the most sense with the factual evidence given.
[notify]
Kali earned- her wings- 10/21/14

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Sat Dec 8, '12 6:11pm PST 
Poor baby.............He looks so sad. Hope he gets a great home! Can't wait for an update. hug
[notify]
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Sun Dec 9, '12 11:47am PST 
That is one thing I thought, that whoever left him thought they would take the pup when they saw it...they just didn't see it. Hopefully they will figure it all out soon, and give an update on Trooper.

OT-Huh, haven't thought about GSD. Well, whatever he is, he's my buddy.puppy
[notify]
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Mon Dec 10, '12 7:41am PST 
Oh that poor pup, that must have been terrifying. So glad he's gotten help.

Twist, your pup looks a lot like the most popular mixes in my area growing up...labs with GSD, they tended to be mostly black too, with the same ear set: both ears didn't always stand. Nice plush double coats and very smart dogs. I've always found the combo to be a really nice mix. Handsome fella you got there big grin
[notify]
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Mon Dec 10, '12 10:47am PST 
ok, going totally OT here..do those kind of mixes normally carry their tail flipped over on their backs? That is what throws me off with Twist, is his tail is usually curled over on his back, plus he is about 50 lbs, is that normal for that kind of mix?thinking

Hugs for Trooper. hug
[notify]
Samoa- SunnyBear- Bell

Happy Boy!

Barked: Mon Dec 10, '12 11:06am PST 
Topic: I am so glad that Trooper has fallen into loving hands.

OT: Twister, here is Samoa who is supposed to be Lab/Aussie. His tail is also carried that way...pretty strong resemblance, except for the longer fur.
Samoa

Edited by author Mon Dec 10, '12 11:09am PST

[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2