GO!

DO NOT "Adopt" from Forever Friends Animal League

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2  

Barked: Fri Nov 1, '13 5:27am PST 
WONDERFUL NEWS! They finally shut down this puppy mill operating as a nonprofit! I am so excited to see this woman's operation CLOSED. The puppy mills have lost their outlet store. It is good to see justice.

Hope she doesn't just change names and start in business again, but let's watch for it. Great, great, great news.
[notify]
CINNAMON

Sweet & loving- life!

Barked: Sun Nov 3, '13 4:01pm PST 
Hi! I hope this message will be seen smile

My Mommy's friend Jane, volunteers at the ASPCA in NYC (Manhattan). She just told me that she met 2 5 month old Beagles who were returned to the ASPCA because the owner's apartment was too small

meditateshock

They are very cute & are so young & in need of a good home.... they do, however, have to be adopted together.

Can anyone help? Please respond & I will forward your response to Jane & hopefully these two little babies will find a happy, new home together.

Thank you.

Love, Janine, Chloe & Cinnamon
[notify]

Barked: Fri Nov 8, '13 8:52am PST 
Apparently I'm really dumb bc I "adopted" a "breeder release" English mastiff Oct 7th for $750! I put down my Rott/Mastiff in May and was finally ready to share my heart and home with another dog. I looked into EM breeders and pups started around $1200 so I thought I was getting a great deal and saving the life of a 14 week pup, Samson. He was a a foster home that I visited and everything looked great from what I could tell. I was told that he had a upper respiratory infection when the "rescue" got him and that he was in horrible shape, however, that he was fine now even tho he was still on some medication.

So I took Samson home and took him to the vet first thing the next morning. He checked out fine but he still has an asthma sound when he plays hard. I've also found 2 scars under his chin that was caused by Lord knows what. I was told that the $750 included his neuter and called Debbie last week to set up his appt. there was no answer so I left a message. A few days later I got a text from the same number telling me to forward my questions to FFAL website, which I did. I then received an email saying that they didn't have any funding to pay for his neuter bc all of their dogs had been "illegally seized". I was able to contact a local vets office that offered to neuter him for $50, the price they were charging Forever Friends, however, I was now responsible for it.

I'm truly hoping and praying that Samson remains healthy and I'm feeling like quite the dumb*** for not looking into this "rescue" closer. I had found them on Petfinder so thought they would be legit.

I will be doing all I can to make sure Debbie doesn't do this to any other people that only wanted to open their hearts and homes to a dog that needed it.
[notify]

Moose

I love sitting- in laps

Barked: Mon Nov 18, '13 9:34pm PST 
Guest, has your dog been tested for heart worm?
[notify]

Barked: Thu Nov 21, '13 7:57am PST 
I adopted from FFAL in July of 2013. I was looking for a Heeler, and had spent weeks speaking to people, checking prices and trying to find the right puppy. IT just happened that at the beginning of that week, they got in a whole litter of heelers. although odd, the price was 300 (i knew that was high for an adoption but heelers are usually around such a price) so i went. and of course if you go and look at puppys wanting one you'll walk away with one. its mildly impossible not to.

So I went. She said my puppy had its first two boosters, that it was about 9 weeks old. she said they would help pay for the spaying. I was moving back home to columbia, and thought okay. 300 but shes had some shots and they help pay for the spaying not to awful.

we took the puppy to the vent right away. she was hacking non stop all the time and started two days after we got her. she was a very very sick puppy. it took three doses of medication to get her to stop hacking and finally healthy. thankfully she is a very tough puppy. My puppy was also at least two weeks younger than the lady said. she took a long time to lose her baby teeth, which indicated to our vet that she was younger than we thought.

and the lady never came through to help pay for the spaying. after reading all this im not surprised.

I'm glad I got the dog from her simply because Zarra is the best dog I could ever have and I'm glad I saved her before she got sicker there. Glad to hear they are shut down.

Edited by author Thu Nov 21, '13 8:00am PST

[notify]

Barked: Fri Jan 17, '14 2:39pm PST 
I too "adopted" a boston terrier puppy from Debbie. I kind of thought something was fishy and even referred to it as "discount dog store." Still, I am glad I got my little boy out of that environment as I could tell things weren't right. He has some eye issues but otherwise is fine. Definately a reprehensible person.
[notify]

Barked: Sun Jan 26, '14 6:01pm PST 
We just adopted a cat that was a rescue from forever friends at the KC Pet project. She is so sweet!
[notify]

Barked: Thu Mar 27, '14 10:02pm PST 
I came across this post because I was interested in finding more information on a dog I saw listed on PetTango by "Forever Friends." Glad I saw this post! Thank you! I hope she is not trying to con other people again. It's disgusting
[notify]

Barked: Sat Jul 26, '14 1:33am PST 
I believe she is still operating in KC. Now uses the rescue name: Golden Retriever Rescue Rangers and operates out of her home in Mission, KS. She uses adoptapet.com and when I met her in person she claed to be affiliated with PAWS. I wish I could rescue those puppies from her. If she is who I think she is, she is a monster for taking advantage of defenseless (and most likely sick) animals and the good-hearted people who want to give them homes.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2