GO!

Lost in Translation...Epic Adoption Fail

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2  
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Sat Sep 22, '12 12:23pm PST 
I now have 17 years experience with the breed,have added a second Akita and another grandchild. All are safe,well,and happy. I happen to have grown up around most of the so -called dangerous breeds and have so far not seen any when raised properly that aren't easygoing,loving,loyal family companions who are perfectly safe around children and other pets and behave very well in public. We have educated many on the truth about them,have changed quite a number of minds,and have truly enjoyed the humor,loyalty and love they have brought to our lives. They have also gotten quite a little fan club with our new neighbor who has only been here the past 3 years.All 5 of the kids adore them and know that the dogs adore them and the parents know that no harm will ever come to those children with out pups around. They have even gotten into the habit of letting the kids feed the pups approved treats through the fence when we aren't out. I do not have a special needs child but know many people who do,and know that a sense of humor is often the only thing that keeps them going,Many of those parents have told me that even in their most frustrated moments that laughing has been what keeps them going.hug and it seems that you must be very special to have been able to cope with a special needs child and know that no matter what you will love that child and he/she will love you.hugwishes
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Mon Sep 24, '12 8:33am PST 
I am so sorry to hear this, I've been following your posts about this dog you wanted to adopt and was hopeful it would work out. I guess now you decide if he's worth sucking it up and diving into a mess of phone calls & meetings over. hug
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Mon Sep 24, '12 9:30am PST 
Its so frustrating. I tried to adopt a second time from the same shelter that Samoa came from, because I was so happy with the original experience. I got approved, picked out the intended dog and went through the whole process and got greenlighted...Then took the two hour drive with Samoa and Savannah for a meet and greet...

To find out on my arrival that the shelter manager had "changed her mind." and decided that the intended pup needed an owner who would guarantee training it for agility, since she thought it seemed a likely prospect. She could not be reached when I was there and wanted to negotiate terms, since I was thinking maybe I could commit to that. But no...

In the end, it led me to my sweetheart Dubs, so for the best. Hope it turns out for the best in your case too.
[notify]

Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Mon Sep 24, '12 6:11pm PST 
Yeah I guess I've reasoned it out with myself and maybe Sophie is all I need. As I've said elsewhere we have two human kids still living at home, a whole flock of cats, my daughters 4 rats...who have grown cat size heeheehee, the fish tank in the kitchen, a whole garden in the front yard and a full time job.
I would've loved to adopt this guy, such a sweetie...compact cuddly boxhead...but my Sophie is a velcro doggie. Maybe it's like human kids sometimes...better "One and Done" n' devoting yourself to them...better with dogs, in ten years Soph ain't gonna be asking for the car keys. Thanks for the sympathy folks...the day it happened I was pretty crushed...better now
N' maybe that boy would do better being an only dog-wonder though if maybe there's an ulterior motive in turning us down-this was the same group who was trying to keep Patrick the Pitbull as a cash cow, you never know
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2