GO!

Amazing happy ending...

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Sun Sep 16, '12 4:58pm PST 
On Saturday morning I got a call from our local PD about a stray dog they had. Since we are the dog pound for our town, I took in the dog.
Late this afternoon I got an email from a friend over in VT. (I am in NH). It was a group mailing with a poster about a dog stolen from the local humane society in their town with a photo of the dog.
I looked at the photo and I couldn't believe it...it was the stray dog we had brought in yesterday!!!! I called the shelter...it seems the person was supposed to be checking out the dog as a potential for adopting, they were really busy, no one got her name and she just walked out the door, put the dog into her car and drove away!!!
Anyway, except for a minor mixup (I thought OUR dog wasn't neutered and the stolen one was...don't know WHAT I felt when he came in, but the officer had him on a catch pole and it was a quick feel on my part!!!!)
Apparently this thief person got scared due to the heavy publicity about the dog and drove over to NH and dumped him off on a remote back road. She was from VT according to the tags on her car.
Amazing!!!!!!
He is a really nice HUGE houndy type mix, VERY friendly!! Fortunately, the shelter had great photos and I had TWO of my employees here when I got the email so we were able to positively identify him and tie it together! A longer recheck of his neuter status finished the identification.
GREAT STORY!!! I feel good now!happy dancehappy dance
[notify]
Scruffy- (R.I.P.)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Sun Sep 16, '12 8:05pm PST 
That's crazy!! So glad that the dog was found and returned!!
[notify]
Ellie

Barked: Mon Sep 17, '12 4:52am PST 
YAY!!

It is so good to read happy endings.
[notify]

MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Mon Sep 17, '12 5:48am PST 
cheercheercheer for having him come to the best place he could be until he makes it back where he belongs.hug and Thank-you for taking care of him.
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Mon Sep 17, '12 8:52am PST 
The dog is safely back at the shelter this morning.
The PD believes the person reporting him as a stray IS the person who stole him. so the case will be brought before the State's attorney for prosecution!!!!
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Mon Sep 17, '12 1:01pm PST 
Yayyyyyyy !!

Nice that it ended as it did.

I have to question the persons intelligence at reporting the dog they stole and dumped as a stray though !

Thankyou for caring for him !
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Mon Sep 17, '12 2:31pm PST 
I guess they believe they are smarter than the cops and shelter workers...probably they think everyone thinks as they do, BOL!
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Tue Sep 18, '12 9:34am PST 
cheercheercheercheer What a great ending! naughtynaughtynaughtyon the person involved! I hope the find her and prosecute!
[notify]
Titus

Cave canis- vigilo omnis

Barked: Wed Sep 19, '12 8:11am PST 
I'd been watching that story on the interwebz... Well done, Toto! applauseapplause
[notify]