GO!

Need a temporary home near Dayton, Ohio for 1 dog

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

Harley

One Great Dog!

Barked: Sat Aug 18, '12 1:32pm PST 
I am jobless and being evicted. I have a place to stay but cannot take my dog. I need a temporary home, 2 weeks to a month, and I will provide all food/vet care and will be able to pay a small fee for his care once I get my deposit back.

Harley is a 3yr old, well-behaved Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, a little over 20 lbs. He is housebroken and doesn't chew stuff up. He is fairly quiet, though he does bark at dogs on tv smile - but he quiets down quickly with a firm vocal reprimand. He has had all his shots and is on heartworm/flea control. He is registered in Montgomery County. He has lived with other dogs and cats. He is shy, and uncomfortable around small children, but has never shown any aggression at all in any circumstances. He comes when called and knows how to sit, lay down and shake hands. I have to be out by 8/23. I can take him to a boarding facility, but the cost will be prohibitive for any length of time. If you can help, please call!! Kathy 937-938-5209 or 937-241-6241. I do have a 2nd interview for a job on Monday, so I'm hoping it will only be 2 weeks or so. Thank you!

Update - Harley has a wonderful place to stay for the next few weeks!

Edited by author Fri Aug 24, '12 4:06pm PST

[notify]