GO!

May Be Fostering Soon Again!

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Wed Aug 8, '12 11:24pm PST 
Oh boy, what am I getting myself into? Lol... I love my rescue dogs too much, really.

One day about two weeks back, I saw an ad about dogs on the Reserve needing to get out of there ASAP or they were going to be shot(NOT by the councils decision, but by the decision of those without authority). So, in response to the email, a couple of rescues jumped in, and many people are jumping in to help.

I emailed them, offering help in whatever way I could do.

Well, I may now end up with a foster dog in the next couple of days!

They were talking to me about potentially taking a Border Collie/Lab(haha, older version of what I have!), as this dog is timid(was once the leader in the pack - not sure on their exact definition of that - but has grown timid with time). I have experience with fearfulness, aggression, lack of confidence, and resource guarding, so I'm well prepared to handle these things.

My only concern at this point, is my own dogs. Although I have heard reserve dogs that pack together often have very good canine social skills and just lack skills with people. I've never worked specifically with a reserve dog before, so we'll see what happens.

I'll keep everyone posted. I told them that it would be best if I could foster a female(because of Charlie) and I'll be hearing back from the main lady that I'll be fostering 'through' so to speak(not a rescue, just a lady doing this out of the goodness of her own heart and paying for these dogs care, etc).

Hopefully, I can help them out and help find another dog a home!

Part of me is nervous, another part of me is super excited to get this ball rolling.
[notify]
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Thu Aug 9, '12 7:54am PST 
Wishing you the best of luck with your new foster! dog
[notify]