GO!

An abandoned 1.5 yr old Female Beagle

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

Barked: Sat May 26, '12 9:36am PST 

My sister-in-law (21 yrs old) was moving to Ohio from Jersey and asked my wife and I if we can watch her Beagle and Cat for one month while they settle down. We hesitated a bit, but decided to help her and do it. This was 3 weeks ago.

To our surprise, she told us two days ago that she no longer wants the animals as she has a 2 yr old son and is 4 months pregnant!!! I have been asked to take these two poor animals to the shelter cry

The female Beagle is young, energetic like a Beagle, super-friendly with babies (I have a 13 month-old boy), and LOVES attention. She is not spayed. I really do not want to take her to a shelter!

Is there a family out there willing to take on a young Beagle? No costs to you... I'll be happy if she finds a nice furever home and Family!

(After figuring out how to post pictures here,I'll put some)

Thank you very much!

Edited by author Sat May 26, '12 9:39am PST

[notify]
Carter

Professional- Fetcher

Barked: Sun Jun 3, '12 7:41pm PST 
I hope you can find a family for her! She sounds great.
[notify]

Barked: Wed Jun 6, '12 7:04pm PST 
YEESSS! She was adopted by a loving Family! They were so happy to have her. It warmed me up inside seeing how happy they were and how the Beagle accepted them.
[notify]

Kali earned- her wings- 10/21/14

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Thu Jun 7, '12 5:22am PST 
Greta new! Your were so kind in finding her a home yourself. applause
[notify]
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Thu Jun 7, '12 8:07am PST 
Glad you found a good home for the poor dog. The practice of dumping animals when a couple has kids really irks me...it's all too common where I live. I wish folks like that just wouldn't get pets as a pre-cursor to having kids. They're living beings...not disposable stuffed animals to be gotten rid of when baby comes along.

Didn't you say there was a cat, too? Are you having to re-home kitty as well? Best of luck and thanks for being so kind and responsible for these pets.
[notify]