GO!

So I got a poodle

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

(Page 5 of 7: Viewing entries 41 to 50)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  
Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Wed Apr 25, '12 11:03pm PST 
Oh no... I'm sooo glad she's okay! And shame on the fools who did that to her. People truly disgust me. If you don't keep her, I hope you find her a good home when she's nice and healed. I'll be keeping tabs on how she's doing and how life is going for her. Hope things continue on a better path for the pretty lady. hug
[notify]
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Thu Apr 26, '12 8:43am PST 
I'm so relieved to read this, it really could have taken a different turn. But instead, Great news! She has enough energy to sulk. wink I'm so glad that she came out of surgery ok.hug Just wonderful that you are caring for her and thanks for posting updates on her condition. Yay for Miss Beatrice!
[notify]
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Thu Apr 26, '12 3:36pm PST 
I was scared to see the update here, I was so sure it would be bad news. I am so, so glad she is recovering. When do you start the immiticide?

I can't believe what those people did to her frown. I can't imagine a decent human being willingly, purposefully causing a dog so much pain and illness. Makes me so upset!!
[notify]

Zephyr

Barked: Fri Apr 27, '12 7:44pm PST 
Ugh, so I haven't updated here because really no news is good news. She was doing just fine yesterday minus her refusal of food and water. The Food I could live with, the water I had to force the issue on but today she took a bad turn and started peeing blood (Bright red so it's a fair bit) and was slightly more lethargic than yesterday's normal. I of course am concerned she threw a stitch and is bleeding out. Her color was awful and her breathing was worse so I pack edher up into the car and off we went.

Of course she did this right after her vet closed so I had to drive like a mad person to get her out to my regular vet before they closed for the night. (A 40 minute drive made in 28) I made it just before they locked the doors and they took a look at her (minus the emergency fee, thankfully). They of course, never having met Bea, think she's on death's door and want her bloodwork and ask me if I know it (which of course I don't have) to get a baseline on her for normal. So it's in for an x-ray to look for signs of internal bleeding,getting a hematocrit on her and basically trying to keep her from collapsing. It wasn't looking great and her gums and tongue were white at that point.

Well despite all that really with her results she wasn't *that* bad. Normal temperature. Hematocrit was low but given the fluid she had to be given with her surgery that's not surprising. It's not low enough for a transfusion so she got some iron tablets. Her lungs are a mess with the HW but there were no obvious signs of internal bleeding and her stitches seemed to be intact. So she got some more antibiotics in case it is a bad UTI or something and a bronchodialator to help her breathe and we're back at home with very little improvement on the whole. confused She's breathing a bit easier and she's finally drinking on her own. She ate about half a can of tuna (the only thing that's remotely tempted her in two days) but her color is still atrocious and on her last pee break the blood was pretty blatantly obvious.

So I'm at a loss as to what to do other than wait and watch and monitor her temp for shock. I'm discontinuing her current pain meds as I suspect they've played a role in this. Her regular vet isn't open again until Monday so the girly is going to be on extreme crate rest and asprin for pain management until I can get them on the phone.

She's proven to me that she's fighting to keep going so I'm going to do as much as I'm able to keep her well enough to get the chance.

Edited by author Fri Apr 27, '12 7:46pm PST

[notify]
Rexy

I dig in mud- puddles!

Barked: Fri Apr 27, '12 11:24pm PST 
I'll be thinking of you gals and hoping hard that she pulls through.

Hang in there Miss Bea! hug
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Sat Apr 28, '12 3:51am PST 
So sorry to hear she has gone downhill. I will keep my fingers crossed for Bea.
[notify]
Zephyr

Barked: Sat Apr 28, '12 5:55am PST 
She didn't want to get up this morning so I stood her up and she was fine once she was standing. No more blood in the urine but she's still white as a sheet and seems really tired. I gave her another bronchodialator this morning so hopefully she'll be feeling a bit better soon.
[notify]
Jilly

Barked: Sat Apr 28, '12 2:37pm PST 
You must be emotionally and physically exhausted. Honestly, I'm glad I have no idea who owned this poor girl. It's criminal that they just discarded her in the way that they did. They should be in jail. Praying hard for Bea.
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Sat Apr 28, '12 8:14pm PST 
Jewel's sending Poodle Power to Bea!! big hug
[notify]
Zephyr

Barked: Sat Apr 28, '12 9:26pm PST 
To everyone who hoped and prayed nice things for Beatrice, thank you for your kind thoughts and words. I know she could tell she had everyone on her side but her body wouldn't cooperate.

Rest in peace, my Bea girl. I'll see you again soon.
[notify]
  (Page 5 of 7: Viewing entries 41 to 50)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7