GO!

So I got a poodle

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

(Page 4 of 7: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Tue Apr 24, '12 3:42pm PST 
Oh no! Hang in there Miss Bea! We are all rooting for you!
[notify]
Sally

House Lamb!

Barked: Tue Apr 24, '12 9:33pm PST 
Been thinking about Beatrice today. Scary to have to put her through the surgery now...she was up against so much! Bad enough with the pyo; bad enough with the heartworms; having to deal with both, yikes.

Here's hoping she's pulled through and doing better now. You've invested so much of your heart into her already. hug
Zephyr

Barked: Wed Apr 25, '12 5:51am PST 
Thanks for all the well-wishes. They seemed to have worked because Miss Bea is (a quote from the vet tech) "Feeling quite spry today" and from the vet "doing as well as could be expected from a dog in her condition". She's still huffing and puffing and they took some chest x-rays and the heartworm is ridiculously advanced.

Got some more facts on my girly though about the surgery which further explain how she went into shock so rapidly. It make me want to vomit or possibly hunt down her former owners to give them even an ounce of the pain she's going through. We had all suspected she was pregnant by just looking at her but the vet couldn't feel any puppies and her uterus was so massive how could they tell? *Gross warning* Well they couldn't tell because the puppies had all died and were decomposing inside of her. So odds are she lost the pups, the owners knew about it and dumped her for it since we saw the initial discharge on day two. Not only was Bea dumped on the side of the road, worm infested, filthy and terrified but she was also pregnant with a uterus of dead pups. The vet is murderous and has announced he'd shoot the old owners on site. I can't help agreeing with him.

We're also going to be starting Immeticide ASAP. We're playing Russian Roulette with her in doing it but simply not doing it is not an option.

On a brighter note she is coming home today. She must have been trying to bust out of her cage there.

Now I'm trying to figure out the appropriate thank you gift for their office. Poodle cupcakes are what I've got so far.

Edited by author Wed Apr 25, '12 5:53am PST

[notify]

Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Wed Apr 25, '12 6:51am PST 
Oh, Zeph, my heart is breaking for that poor girl. For the life of me I'll never understand how someone could be so cruel and I hope there's a special level of hell reserved for scum like that.

She's behaved pretty well for you considering the terrible pain she must have been in...that speaks volumes for the dog she'll become once this is behind her.

You got to Beatrice in the nick of time. Thank you for all that you've done and the vet's office deserves kudos, too. cloud 9 Hang in there, Bea!
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Wed Apr 25, '12 8:04am PST 
Okay well that just about made me cry. If I keep thinking about it I will.

Take good care of her! hug
[notify]
Sirius- Padfoot- Black

Too clever for- Mom's own good!- :)

Barked: Wed Apr 25, '12 10:26am PST 
Oh, the poor girl! Glad you got her to the vet in time, Zephyr!

Hope she pulls through this, she's going to be a great dog.
[notify]
Zephyr

Barked: Wed Apr 25, '12 11:34am PST 
Well sulky poodle has a sulk. She has to wear an Elizabethan collar aka the cone of shame and she is not a happy camper about it. Actually she freaked right out and wouldn't lay down with it on so she is in a tanktop with vet-wrap until I find a suitable alternative. We're in the pre-itchies at least so with any luck I have a few days before she starts fussing at her incisions and I can find an e-collar alternative that works.

They also pulled one of her crappy teeth though you can't even tell.
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Wed Apr 25, '12 12:37pm PST 
Zeph I'm posting this link to a poodle thread post #6 is a video about underwear durring heat. I'm wondering if it would cover the spay area for Bea and save her the cone?

http://www.poodleforum.com/14-poodle-breeding/18947-what-mess-me ss-mess.html
[notify]
Zephyr

Barked: Wed Apr 25, '12 1:26pm PST 
She's in a tank top (reversed) and it's held on by some vet wrap right now. I don't have diaper pins but that's a good idea. She's not fussing at it yet and if I put the collar on her while she's out of the crate she's okay-ish but I think I just need to size her to Kong Cloud. The medium at the store was on hold but if the woman doesn't show I'm grabbing it.
[notify]
Jilly

Barked: Wed Apr 25, '12 5:42pm PST 
My heart is bursting for this girl. She's so beautiful and has such a will to survive. And you, you are an angel. We are all praying for Bea to fully recover. Please keep writing about her.
[notify]
  (Page 4 of 7: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7