GO!

So I got a poodle

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

(Page 3 of 7: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Mon Apr 23, '12 8:13am PST 
I'll second that "Zeph you are awesome!" flowers

Thank you so much for helping this poor old girl out. She deserved a lucky break. I adore Spoos for the many wonderful traits that they tend to have, some that you've seen in Bea already. Like the natural check-ins, intelligence and adaptability, plus they're often great communicators wink. Recovery from that level of infestation and infection is a tough road, she's lucky to have you in the fight.
[notify]
Zephyr

Barked: Mon Apr 23, '12 11:15am PST 
Yes, she's very forward about what she wants and directs me to it fairly easily. She's getting a lot more secure in the house but outside the house she still turns into a bit of a basket case.

Tomorrow is her spay surgery for suspected pyo and hopefully the horseshoe glued to her butt from her highway adventure stays put through all the rest.
[notify]
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Mon Apr 23, '12 12:30pm PST 
Oh gosh, as if she didn't have enough to deal with. I'm sending good thoughts to you and Beatrice for the upcoming surgery...hug
[notify]

Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Mon Apr 23, '12 3:11pm PST 
Poor girl. Hoping for good results from the surgery!
[notify]
Zephyr

Barked: Tue Apr 24, '12 6:18am PST 
Dropped her off this morning. Now I'm just killing time until I can call.
[notify]
Kodie

U have no toy to- throw? Ill get- you one!

Barked: Tue Apr 24, '12 6:59am PST 
I'm coming late to the party, but I just wanted to say CONGRATS!! Her pictures brought back memories, she looks a lot like Kodie didi when I found him at our local pound. He had been found by some good sam's running loose near the beach.

I don't know if it is something about their intelligence or its a breed trait, but standard poodles just seem to always be grateful when they have been rescued from bad conditions. They just always seem to be trying to thank you and give back. Its hard to described actually.

I hope all goes well at the vet today!! I am in your same position actually, dropped Kodie off for a liver biopsy this morning and I am waiting till it is feasible to call and ask how it went. I wish your gal lots of luck!!! Keep us posted.
[notify]
Zephyr

Barked: Tue Apr 24, '12 12:10pm PST 
Ugh, so I've called twice today and the first call was great. She went through the surgery like gang-busters and her uterus was and I quote 'gigantic' and absolutely filled to brimming with puss. She tolerated the anesthesia well and the surgery itself went beautifully. I had been looking forward to taking her home this evening though the odds were against it.

Call two didn't go so well. She's doing and I quote "not as well as we would have hoped" aka vet speak for badly. Her blood pressure tanked and her core temp dropped hugely, so she's gone into shock. They're playing on a high wire with her fluids because too much with the heartworm infection and her heart will give out and too little and she die of the shock.

I'll be calling again before they close for the evening. Hopefully she'll have rebounded enough for a good night's rest.
[notify]
Trigger

*Blackdog*

Barked: Tue Apr 24, '12 12:31pm PST 
Holy cows Zeph...

Wowza to all that's transpired, and kudos to you for all you've done.

We'll be thinking of her and praying she pulls through, poor gal frown
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Tue Apr 24, '12 1:31pm PST 
Oh no! I hope she pulls through! hug
[notify]
Maci & Harley & Jigar

Golden butts

Barked: Tue Apr 24, '12 2:15pm PST 
Power of the paw coming from here!
[notify]