GO!

Don't you hate having to choose? *SIGH*

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2  
Puppies

Barked: Thu Mar 1, '12 2:36pm PST 
Back on puppies... I just adopted out the last of our ten little dumpster babies!!! Not too shabby, they are leaving tomorrow and were here 18 days total!
Out of 14 applications I did turn down FOUR!!! Most were for lying on the application. (Don't these people KNOW we are going to check it out???) The most common lie is that they own their own home... a simple phone call to the town clerk proves that one wrong immediately. Next is poor veterinary care with previous pets. Again, a phone call works great for that one, too.
The ten families I ended up with look really good at this point and have been visiting the pups at least four times EACH week!
NICE, calm, stable puppies!!!
[notify]
Darcy

All I need is- Love......

Barked: Thu Mar 1, '12 3:20pm PST 
OMG the brown pups look like Darcy when she was a wee pup! cheer
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Thu Mar 1, '12 5:54pm PST 
cheercheercheercheercheercheercheersnoopysnoopysnoopyhamster dancehamster dancehamster dancehamster dancehamster dancehamster dancehamster danceblue dog blue dogblue dogblue dogblue dogblue dog Great Job Gunner!!!!way to go So glad you didn't have to choose.partypartypartypartypartypartypartyparty Someone up there was listening to our prayers that they would all find good homes. flowersflowersflowers
[notify]

Merlin

Mischief Managed

Barked: Thu Mar 1, '12 10:54pm PST 
I am SO grateful for those of you who do rescue. I cannot imagine how difficult it must be to make these types of decisions. Either way, you are saving lives, and enriching the lives of others. Thank you so much for what you do.

And goodness, I would snatch that black and white pup up in a second.
[notify]
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Fri Mar 2, '12 6:23am PST 
Congrats! and THANK YOU for continuing to volunteer in rescue. That's fantastic for this group of puppies. party

I have always loved black dogs...and that white chest. Such a gorgeous pupcloud 9

That little guy made me start thinking about transport to NE...
[notify]
Chloe

Barked: Fri Mar 2, '12 11:30am PST 
My parents loved me so much they had to get another, one that will play with me in our yard. Addison is a Catahoula Leopard dog too and a rescue. She is still learning how not to be so "feral" but doing well. Our 3 cats tolerate her, but she does poke them with her nose a lot!
[notify]
Eponine

Love- unconditionally.

Barked: Fri Mar 2, '12 12:33pm PST 
That's got to be frustrating and heartbreaking.

Especially since out of the entire lot from both photos, my "pick of the litter" would be that black pup in front with the amazing white shirt front. It doesn't get a lot more pretty and striking than that!
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Fri Mar 2, '12 4:18pm PST 
Uh, guys, the Puppies that were all adopted were Toto's puppies, not Gunner's. I'm so glad that Toto was able to find homes for her pups, but not sure where Gunner's at with her two litters.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2