GO!

Does Anyone know???

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

Barked: Tue Dec 13, '11 9:52pm PST 
I have a very sweet dog who just love cuddling and laying in your lap like a big cat, but through much trying and much failure I have not been able to train him to calm down around other animals. He just recently got out of the house and attacked another dog. I am just beside myself right now and I am not sure what to do. I know I am not doing this baby any justice by keeping him and I was wondering if anyone knew of an adoption place that trains behaivoral problem dogs. I know with the proper training he could be trained to be a great dog!!!
[notify]
Mr. Pibbs- *CGC*

Snuggle up!

Barked: Wed Dec 14, '11 3:35am PST 
Because of limited resources and space, rescues are not in a hurry to take on behavioral problem dogs.
The best thing you can do for your dog is to talk to a behavioralist or trainer and work with your dog.
Mr. Pibbs has dog aggression (very severe) and we have worked with him a lot. He will never be the type to take to a dog park but we do take him out in public and know how to handle him at home. With this one exception, he is an absolutely wonderful dog.
Please work with him and if money is an issue, contact a rescue and maybe they know of some trainers who would work with you for a nominal fee.
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Fri Dec 16, '11 7:36pm PST 
A few questions..how old is your dog? What breed? How long have you had him? Was he always this way? What type of training have you done with him? What kind of exercise? When you say other animals..what types..cats? birds? ferrets? What EXACTLY does he do when he sees other dogs? How did he get out of the house?
I agree with Mr. Pibbs a behaviourist would be invaluable to you.
I would suggest you repost with more information..including the answers to the above questions in the Behavior & Training Forum. I am sure you will get many more replies smile
[notify]

MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Sat Dec 17, '11 12:33am PST 
More information and posting in behavior and training even if your dog is adopted might get you more help. Just an idea.
[notify]