GO!

DNA Test

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 11)  
1  2  
Libby

Shake it baby!

Barked: Mon Dec 12, '11 4:55pm PST 
Guest-I am no expert on genetics but the way I understand it is it's kind of the same concept they use on human DNA to determine if someones ancestors came from Africa, Europe, Asia, etc. Overall, the composistion is the same but there are minute differences in original origin.
One of the reasons people question some of the test results is because they don't factor in things like a Great Dane was originally bred from a Mastiff mixed with other breeds (just one example). That is why sometimes you get some off the wall breed thrown in, or at least it appears to be off the wall until you study the original origination of the breed.
I have no idea if that made any sense but I hope so!!wink
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 11)  
1  2