GO!

Shocked to see a Briard up for adoption!

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

Winn

Baby polar bears- aren't even this- cute!

Barked: Sat Dec 10, '11 5:29am PST 
I was browsing through petfinder this morning, I just like to look sometimes, when I saw this gorgeous young Briard.

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/21366938

I have never ever seen one in person, and I have never seen one in rescue around here. Just so surprising to see a fairly rare breed come up for adoption. It just proves that if you are patient you really can get any breed you would like without going to a breeder smile
[notify]
Shiloh ITD

GIMME BACON!

Barked: Sat Dec 10, '11 9:54pm PST 
I've seen some Australian Kelpies on petfinder! It usually don't see them listed on there.
[notify]
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Mon Dec 12, '11 3:47pm PST 
Aside from the fact that they're rare I'm surprised more aren't in rescue. They're a tough breed, we know two.
[notify]

Rigby

Dingbat

Barked: Tue Dec 13, '11 2:38pm PST 
wave I was a kelpie on petfinder (ok I've got Border Collie in me too laugh out loud)

It's crazy some of the dogs you can find on there.
I found a Cao de Fila before Rigby. Never even heard of the breed before, yet there she was. They're distinct looking dogs too, this dog was undoubtedly a purebred Cao de Fila.
[notify]
Nicky

World's Cutest- Leprechaun

Barked: Tue Dec 13, '11 7:26pm PST 
I've found all sorts of "rare" purebreds on petfinder including Thai Ridgeback, Tibetan Mastiff, Afghan Hound, Field Spaniel, Clumber Spaniel, Saluki... (and no, none of these were at Gentle Giants either wink ) The Thai Ridgeback was actually a mom that was surrendered with one of her pups.

Edited by author Tue Dec 13, '11 7:32pm PST

[notify]