GO!

Found Dog In Buena Park, CA

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

Bella

Miss Boss

Barked: Fri Dec 2, '11 1:08pm PST 
I found a poodle mix. Maybe a Maltipoo?? He is a male and looks like he is cared for. He seems to like other dogs and is very friendly with people. I don't have allot of experience with small dogs so I am not quite sure what he is. If anyone is missing their dog in the northern orange county area please p mail me. Thanks!
[notify]
Bruno CGC

Honorary Kelpie

Barked: Fri Dec 2, '11 3:48pm PST 
Have you checked around locally to see if he is lost? You can file a found dog report with your Animal Control shelter and have him scanned for a microchip ID. List him on Craigslist in the "Lost and Found" and "Pets" sections, put up "found dog" fliers in your neighborhood.

A few months ago I found a sweet old Border Collie mix wandering with no collar or tags. I eventually tracked down her owner (who seemed like a deadbeat but to be fair had her own issues to deal with and seemed to care about the dog) without having to resort to taking the dog to a shelter.

Good luck!
[notify]
Bella

Miss Boss

Barked: Fri Dec 2, '11 4:03pm PST 
oh yes unfortunately my neighborhood is concidered a good dumping ground. This is at least the 5th dog I have found so I have the routine down. . . I knocked on doors last night and went to Petsmart and no chip frown I have my posters made and am on a mission tonight once I get off of work. I have posted on fido finder and all the websites. I need to go to the pound because reporting on the phone is a joke. They have a lost and found book but will only put my found ad in it and won't take the time to look through the lost. And when it comes down to it they would like you just to dump the dog there.

I did bring him to work today and got a very good response from some people. This is the first little dog I have found and wow people are so much more reseptive to a little dog than a big one. I think I may have a potential adopter . . . . but of course if this little guy has a home I want him to go to the original owner so it is a waiting game. I also had someone volenteer to take him if I need some place for him to go for awhile (I promised my husband that he would be gone this weekend but he is a softy so I might be able to strech it). I have never had so many willing to help. happy dance

So I am off to hang fliers (ones near home I will take him on a leash with me so hopefully someone recognizes him) introduce him to the giants (all my dogs) and give him a bath. Just not having any experience with little dogs scares me though. I am afraid of doing something that might hurt him (feed him something wrong or step on him or I don't even know. small dogs just make me nervous). I hope the bath goes well. I have never have bathed a dog with curly long hair. I guess it will be a learning experience!
[notify]